Oncologist Recommendations In Sydney

Dave73

Dave73,

I just wanted to add my best wishes for you, your girl, and family as you face this horrible battle. I have followed your beautiful hope filled thread silently, because I didn't really have anything useful treatment wise to add. But I have learned so much and was crossing my fingers against all odds as I'm sure lots of others were.

Hoping for strength and peace for you all,you have done such an amazing job for your gorgeous girl.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Had another xray today and they have increased in size but not as much as they could of. There are 3 tumours in the lungs but as they said she is full of energy and is eating and no clinical signs of the tumours causing her any discomfort. So she goes back in a month for another xray if she is still doing well. They cannot give a time frame as they said the tumors could slow down or accelerate in the next month so really just a week by week thing.

What a tough time for you ... but if she is well at the moment, that's a good thing.. and the comforting thing is that she doesn't know she's ill. They live day by day, and it's a bonus to have a bit more good time with her. The DOL family is with you. :grouphug:

Hi minimax,

Soon I will have to post that my special girl is gone. We have been to Russell lea to get herbs but mainly just SASAH now. Yes she is happy and if we didn't know she had this we would have no idea as there is no clinical signs. Also the tumours are not bleeders so that is one positive.

I am sorry to hear about the latest test results Dave. Is she still undergoing chemo? The most important thing right now is that she is happy and eating well and that her people are strong and still doing what's best for her. The end will come when it comes, make the most of the now, one day at a time.

Big hugs, I really feel for you.

I am sorry to hear about the latest test results Dave. Is she still undergoing chemo? The most important thing right now is that she is happy and eating well and that her people are strong and still doing what's best for her. The end will come when it comes, make the most of the now, one day at a time.

Yes she is still on Chemo. They feel that it is slowing the tumours down and she tolerates it so well its not a issue. That's what we are doing a day at a time, heaps of photos and regular rump steak dinners but she is so full of energy its amazing that she has 3 tumours in her lungs but they are very small.

Yes she is still on Chemo. They feel that it is slowing the tumours down and she tolerates it so well its not a issue. That's what we are doing a day at a time, heaps of photos and regular rump steak dinners but she is so full of energy its amazing that she has 3 tumours in her lungs but they are very small.

A most important ingredient of all of this is LOVE.

HUGS to you and your wife for having this in abundance. One beautiful gal is livng life to the fullest.

:heart:

A most important ingredient of all of this is LOVE.

HUGS to you and your wife for having this in abundance. One beautiful gal is livng life to the fullest.

:heart:

This

I too have been following this story and championing on your beautiful girl. My 12year old girl (GS x) has degenerative myelopathy and we live day by day / week by week with the associated issues.

paws and licks from this old gal to yours.

• 3 weeks later...

Update,

Well she was back to SASH today for a monthly check. All good still no clinical signs of the cancer. No xrays today as it wasn't needed as she had no signs. She is actually better than ever at the moment full of beans, she even had a small altercation with her RR brother and he backed off. A small bout of the runs on the weekend, could of been a stomach upset or a reaction to the chemo. Its great news for us as we have our amazing girl a bit longer yet, this one is a fighter I tell you she amazes me everyday at her will to do things on 3 legs.

Thanks guys,

She is amazing, and yes zeus is a good boy, he has always been scared of her well since he stuck his head in her crate when she was 16 weeks old and she flew across the room and let him have it for going into her crate. She has always been a bully, even with my inlaws lab , inital growl to make sure she knows whos boss and mind you this is on the labs territory and alls good as long as the lab doesnt get to boisterous with me or my wife then she gets really upset. And you would think loosing a leg would kerb her confidence and bullying ways but it hasnt..

P.S This is my wifes login so she will be posting soon more often. please be nice...

She wants to research different breeds so once were ready we have a better idea of what breed we will get.

Edited by gsd114

• 4 weeks later...

Update

She is still going great guns full of energy, eating and just loving life . Had a full check up today and still no clinical signs, lungs sound clear, blood work is perfect so they said see you in a month.