Oncologist Recommendations In Sydney

Dave73

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have fought a hard battle, I am so pleased it all seems positive. How is the young lady doing on 3 legs.

I really hope this is the last of it for her, poor thing has gone through a lot already.

Thank you for the updates Dave.

She is doing well on 3 legs, better if her nails weren't falling out. She isn't as mobile as she should be but that's due to her nails. She know has to wear booties on all 3 legs to preserve the nails.

She has had all her belly shaved and will have to every 3 months for a while but she is great within herself, happy girl as always.

We just have to keep everything crossed that she stays in remission. Every 3 months will be a bit stressful with the scans but the longer we go the less likely it is it will come back.

There were tears of joy today...

Edited by Dave73

She is doing well on 3 legs, better if her nails weren't falling out. She isn't as mobile as she should be but that's due to her nails. She know has to wear booties on all 3 legs to preserve the nails.

She has had all her belly shaved and will have to every 3 months for a while but she is great within herself, happy girl as always.

We just have to keep everything crossed that she stays in remission. Every 3 months will be a bit stressful with the scans but the longer we go the less likely it is it will come back.

There were tears of joy today...

I am thrilled with where you are all at. This wipes away any doubts you may have had about your decisions. Please keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

Update,

Went to SASH yesterday for a check up and to start the tablet chemo. All good no signs or recurrence of cancer. All her nails have now fallen out and she is a different dog cannot get her to sit down/rest is constantly on the move. She has the tablet chemo with a diuretic every other day and Meloxicam the other day. And a antibiotic everyday which works with the other two to help ward off this awful cancer.

Yes she will be, but that chemo is the most effective for the cancer she had. Its the first time that a dog she has used it on has had this side effect usually happens to humans on this chemo, but she had none of the usual side effects like nausea, diahorrea, not eating. Her whiskers fell out around the 4th season but that's it and the nails.

Our vet even researched it and there was no literature on that chemo causing nail loss on dogs.

Edited by Dave73

• 4 weeks later...

Well Jazz is doing great but I found a lump on our 7yr old Ridgebacks left eye on Saturday. It was removed today and was half the size of a pea, don't know how I felt it but I did. Vets not sure what it is so its off to be tested. We are praying that its something benign as 2 dogs with cancer in 6 months in just not fair.Atleast we have a good oncologist. Jazz is in for a check up tomorrow so I will quiz Veronika about Zeus.

Jazz had her check up today and all is good. Out to 6 week checks know. Spoke to her about Zeus and she said that it is a good thing if it is cancer that I found it at that size. But as she said she will keep her fingers crossed that it isn't.

Oh Dave!! So sorry to hear that :cry::cry: . Your car must be able to go to SASH by itself, by now.

Best wishes for Zeus. (He is obviously jealous of all the attention and DOL posts Jazz has been getting :eek: .)

Yeah its a bit of a pain. But its good we got it so early. We have made an appointment next week with SASH, so we will see what they have to say.

Edited by Dave73