Oncologist Recommendations In Sydney

Dave73

Oh Dave you are having a bad time of it :(

And there's never a good time to go to SASH - the traffic is always awful, just like their bills. They are amazingly clever though, and loving and caring in ways I didn't expect.

Best wishes to you and the furries

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dave you are having a bad time of it :(

And there's never a good time to go to SASH - the traffic is always awful, just like their bills. They are amazingly clever though, and loving and caring in ways I didn't expect.

Best wishes to you and the furries

Uh, I can attest to the fact that the traffic is fine at 8pm, midnight, 3am, 4am .... and probably other times I've forgotten :cry::cry:

:laugh:

Well it only takes me 45mins from Emu Plains leaving at 7am which is quicker than going to Parramatta but I wont mention the cost of the tolls. I know what your talking about re the bills but everyone else said that Jazz wouldn't see Christmas and here she is nearly May and still in Remission and getting stronger each and everyday.

Well our luck is still crap. Zeus lump was a Grade 1(lowest grade) Mast Cell tumour. So off to SASH for him.... GGRRRRR

Oh no Dave that is crappy indeed :( Jazz and Zues are so lucky to have you.

Sending lots of postive vibes to you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Well our boy went to SASH yesterday and had a full check up Xrays, ultrasounds and full blood work plus a general check over his whole body. Good news in he is cancer free besides the small Mast cell near his left eye. So he goes in for surgery next Thursday to get clear margins. The surgeons are very confident that they can do it without hurting his eyesight as it is so close to his eye, he might damage 1 nerve that controls blinking and if so he has to have daily drops in that eye no big deal. They will be taking off 3 other skin tags as they call them and treating them as malignant and getting margins if they turn out to be. So no chemo needed for him which is a relief 2 dogs on it would be a pain.

Something I have learned any new lumps or bumps on either dog and any dogs in the future will be going straight to SASH and having them remove them as on both dogs recent cancer issues my vet has operated and wasn't skilled enough to get margins and they have both had to have another operation at SASH to get margins so we have been paying twice.

Happy weekend as our boy will live to old age.

Modern surgery :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good boy, Zeus. No more worrying mum and dad, now :scold::scold:

Well its been an eventful week Jazz developed a new lump and thank god it was a fatty cyst. But Zeus has had his surgery on his eye and lets just say something may have gone horribly wrong as he has developed weakness in his back legs. They are hopeful its just the strong pain meds but we will know more in the morning.

Edited by Dave73

Oh Dave, how awful for you all. Poor Zeus :cry::cry: I hope this debility is not permanent.

Best wishes.

No real change this morning maybe a very slight improvement. Definitely hasn't deteriorated. They are at a lose with it. He apparently was fine not long after surgery but something changed during the night on Thursday. It seems to be neurological and not skeletal. We are devastated!!!!