Transport Issues

Megs

Hi guys,

I'm after some advice on transporting a dog from Wagga Wagga to Sydney & Hobart. We had originally gotten a quote and made a booking with Jet Pets to fly our new dog from Wagga Wagga to Hobart with a layover in Sydney this Thursday. When we called to pay for the booking we were informed that they didn't have the crate size at Wagga Wagga airport & we would have to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday next week for them to arrange it. We have organised time off work, airport drop off by his wonderful foster carer & a worming certificate all ready to go.

I'm wondering if any of you knowledgeable people know of a) a transport company that would drive him to Sydney airport & we fly him from there or b) anywhere in Wagga Wagga we can purchase or have delivered an airline approved crate quickly.

He's a big boy & would need roughly a 110x60x80 crate.

Any help or right direction pointing would be much appreciated :)

Edited by Megs

Guest Wildthing

Megs, I have emailed you with details of someone to contact who is based in Melbourne. If you do not get the email, check your spam/junk folder as my emails often end up there.

When I ran a rescue in Wagga we always used Dogtainers to fly. I also found that crate hire from the company was roughly the same as buying the crate outright. So I would buy the crate and just charge that money to the adopter.

If flying doesn't work there is also a road company - Pets2u. They drop to Melb and Sydney and are great!!

Guest Wildthing

Wayne Moore boardingkennels.com.au for his contact details. He is cheaper than anyone else. Based near Tullamarine airport 03 9338 0823 0452 643 141 [email protected] Have used him a coulpe of times and no complaints. Cheaper to buy the crate in the end rather than hire. New crates are clean whereas hire ones may not be.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who made the time to reply, i know transport threads are boring compared to a lot of dol stories so its much appreciated! I'm very pleased to say we have managed to secure transport for our new family member thats on schedule & than half the price :). A big thank you & recommendation to Wayrod/Wayne, hes fantastic!

Edited by Megs

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who made the time to reply, i know transport threads are boring compared to a lot of dol stories so its much appreciated! I'm very pleased to say we have managed to secure transport for our new family member thats on schedule & than half the price :). A big thank you & recommendation to Wayrod/Wayne, hes fantastic!

Told you he'd sort it! I had complete faith. As I said, if he can't fix something, it can't be fixed! :thumbsup:

Still waiting to see a nomination this year for him

www.mdbaawards.net.au

Still waiting to see a nomination this year for him

www.mdbaawards.net.au

Maybe because the link to your downloadable nomination form throws an error?

404 - Article #36 not foundYou may not be able to visit this page because of:

1.an out-of-date bookmark/favourite

2.a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site

3.a mistyped address

4.you have no access to this page

5.The requested resource was not found.

6.An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site

Edited by minimax