If You Could 'edit' Your Breed In Some Way, What Would You Do?

kelpiecuddles

They are amazing all rounders, you are so right TT.

There are few breeds that can excel in so many different disciplines, sports, services and therapies as the Rottweiler and also be an absolutely amazing pet. Sure not suited to every owner, but there is very little that you cannot do with a Rotti.

I'll vouch for that - I know some beautiful, versatile rotties. And have had the pleasure of judging the beautiful Seven in herding and witnessing her versatility first hand :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Aussies are perfect. Although I would like my girl to be more cuddly, but that is what my boy is for! I would really like a bigger dog one day. But keeping the some of the same personality traits that my Aussies have. Though I think with the looks a large aussie would be quite silly...

Just as Cowanbree said (and you obviously have waaaayy more Sheltie experience than I with my 1), it would be great if there was a mute button sometimes...

The only thing I can think of with my Aussie Shep would be to make her less bouncy, because her enthusiastic jumping on people, including me, is the only thing that causes me problems... but I wouldn't actually edit it out because I love her enthusiasm for life!

They are amazing all rounders, you are so right TT.

There are few breeds that can excel in so many different disciplines, sports, services and therapies as the Rottweiler and also be an absolutely amazing pet. Sure not suited to every owner, but there is very little that you cannot do with a Rotti.

I'll vouch for that - I know some beautiful, versatile rotties. And have had the pleasure of judging the beautiful Seven in herding and witnessing her versatility first hand :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

I'd edit the "why go around when I can go through" attitude of a BT :laugh:

But really, big edit would be the skin issue's they have.

Again, I am with the Rottie owners ( although I reckon you have it worst) about changing people perceptions.

I want a Rottie next :thumbsup:

I'd edit the "why go around when I can go through" attitude of a BT :laugh:

But really, big edit would be the skin issue's they have.

Again, I am with the Rottie owners ( although I reckon you have it worst) about changing people perceptions.

I want a Rottie next :thumbsup:

I have had several BTs over the years juice and would love another one, but public perceptions are one of the reasons I don't go there. Not saying BT owners have it worse than Rotti owners, but I figure if I change breeds again I might save all the heartache and go to a breed that the public love... shame though :(

I can't think of anything I would change about Malinois, I think they are the ultimate dog and there's really nothing they can't do.

There's nothing I want to change about beagles either as I love the breed the way it is, although the amount of shedding they do for such a small dog is unreal!!

Just as Cowanbree said (and you obviously have waaaayy more Sheltie experience than I with my 1), it would be great if there was a mute button sometimes...

We had 2 Shelties ... loved them. . One, Shelley, had something to say about everything. Her nickname was The Mouth from the South. Mute button OFF.

But the other, Danny, was so good all round, including not being a barker, that his nickname was Saint Danny. Mute button ON.

Edited by mita

Guest Maeby Fünke

Make them free of cancer and all health issues so they can live long healthy lives, as nothing else matters.

Yes, I agree.

Proudly owned and loved by shelties but wouldn't mind toning the voice down just a touch. The running commentary on every little thing that happens does get a little old.

yes to this but with a Pomeranian - has to tell you every little detail of what has happened or is happening

He goes outside couple barks then runs back in side and then starts talking to you