This Might Be A Stupid Question But Are Fleas Penalized

mixeduppup

Do they show these show dogs?

If they do how irresponsible to take them to shows knowing they have fleas?

I'm assuming showing dogs wouldn't be cheap, travel, crates, gazebo, collars leads, brushes shampoo conditioner and the list goes on, why the heck wouldn't they spring for flea treatment?

If you can part the fur and see the fleas they must be crawling with them, poor dogs.

Yes judges do ,after all they are expected to touch these dogs & who wants fleas crawling over you whilst judging.

Judges often comment about people who also don't wash there dogs .

Its amazing how many people don't can never figure that out

I often get comments in the ring from Judges about how wonderfully clean my dogs are compared to some others they have seen.

I always think 'Really? It is not that hard.....'

As for fleas, have to agree. Mega yuck! :(

Yes judges do ,after all they are expected to touch these dogs & who wants fleas crawling over you whilst judging.

Judges often comment about people who also don't wash there dogs .

Its amazing how many people don't can never figure that out

Yeah to me that is disgusting mind you I've seen some grotty dogs in the ring. I feel awful when we'd wash Amber the Lakeland 2 days before a show (she's supposed to have a harsh coat if you wash her night before it could affect her coat texture not making it AS harsh as what it is) and she was smelling "doggy"

I'm sorry its not hard in this day and age to maintain fleas, we buy the biggest comfortist avaliable and cut it up so one tablet does all 5 dogs... on occasion there will be a flea which they might pick up off the grass or someone else but certainly I'd never show a dog riddled with them...