Puppy With No Eyes

In my opinion, lack of sight is not the sort of disability that would impact on quality of life in the right home. I own a partially blind and epileptic dog and although he is somewhat different from the other dogs to care for, most people don't even realise- he feels his way along on one side with his front paw so if anyone does notice anything different, it's the "limp".

If the dog in question is with a responsible group, odds are he'll get an appropriate home. Plenty of perfectly healthy dogs are challenging in their own ways (like sighthounds, for example) but no one questions rehoming of those dogs :shrug:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They would not be the same kind of dogs that you rescue - many have been smaller dogs - so in your view it probably doesn't count.

Dog mad, you need to calm down. The comment was not aimed at you, yet you've gone in guns blazing and then made a nasty accusation for no reason.

Polo is gorgeous! Looking forward to more updates :thumbsup:

Yes it's true, there are only so many eyes to go around some some miss out in big litters.

:rofl:

Polo looks very cute, I have a sheep with one eye and we have to be careful what side to approach her as she startles. He looks like a lovely boy, good luck with him

• 11 months later...