Worried About Mr Huxley's Reaction To The Storm.

mixeduppup

I've just been out searching for hours for my dog. The show was on tonight and I had no idea that they were doing fireworkd, no notice in the paper or on their facebook page. I had no warning and Mr Huxley is terrified of them. So tonight I was watching TV and I heard an almighty bang and realised fireworks were going off. Before I knew what was happening Huxley had chewed through the fencing at the base and somehow squeezed his way out of the tiniest hole and now he's missing. I'm beside myself as he's such a timid boy and he's very unlikely to approach anyone and much more likely to run off into the paddocks and farmland. I've posted missing photos all over facebook, searched for hours and texted the ranger to alert him. I don't know what else to do and I'm so upset that there was no warning and I wonder how many other people are worrying about their missing dogs right now as well. Rant over. I'm going out to search again.

Edited by mixeduppup

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate them too. We still have cracker night here in NT and of course no one can obey the law and be happy with letting them off during the allowed hours only. They can go off at any hour of the day or night on any day of the year as people save them up and let them off randomly.

I'm lucky that my dogs are not terrified of them and wouldn't try to escape but their are always posts on FB from people who have lost their dogs because of it.

I really hope you find your dog safe and sound.

Oh no MUP, it's disgusting that they didn't warn people,it's bad enough when you know what is coming but at least then you can secure them.

Do you have a link to the Facebook page so people can share for you? I am happy to cross post his picture? I can also send it to Lost and Found Pets, they have a huge network.

Hope he is home very soon.

Oh no MUP, it's disgusting that they didn't warn people,it's bad enough when you know what is coming but at least then you can secure them.

Do you have a link to the Facebook page so people can share for you? I am happy to cross post his picture? I can also send it to Lost and Found Pets, they have a huge network.

Hope he is home very soon.

Hi coogie,

If you go onto here I just posted a new one, it should be close to the top.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wwbssg/?fref=ts

Edited by mixeduppup