Worried About Mr Huxley's Reaction To The Storm.

mixeduppup

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for another drive but nothing, will go for one later today. Have put up flyers and done a door knock but nothing. He's all over facebook and rangers in three surrounding areas plus here know about him missing. I feel useless, like I should be doing more but I don't know what. I'm doubly upset because I saw a little cream scruffy dog on the side of the road and got so excited but it wasn't him and it went back into its yard and my heart sank. I'm worried that someone may mistake him for a fox and shoot him or he's going to wander onto a property with baits or get hit by a car or bitten by a snake. This is horrible!

So sorry you didn't find him MUP, I have heard back from Qld Lost Pet Registry and Jess said she will get him to the NSW registry as soon as they can. Hope he is home where he belongs quick..

I had to leave the NSW page for a bit as it is heartbreaking, so many lost in the fire areas.I will check back later though to see if he is up. Here is the page link if you want to post anything?

NSW Lost Pet Registry.

All fingers and paws crossed here for good news very soon.

I'm so sorry. You're sure doing everything you can . Just adding, take your other dogs out on the search. Frightened lost dogs will sometimes come to the 'scent' of their mates. Also put a sign & poster on your own fence .... local people going past might notice. And a pile of dog dry food at your gate.

I guess he's microchipped. Article in our AWLQld newsletter told how a family lost their tibbie on a fireworks night (rammed thro' a closed doggie door). The dad got the word MISSING added to the dog's microchip data. (I didn't even know you can do that). 8 months later, someone dropped off a small dog to the AWL, saying that someone else couldn't keep it any more. When AWL scanned for microchip.... up came MISSING with the tib's family's contact details. Big reunion.

I got told someone saw a dog matching his description up near a pub in town but I went there and searched everywhere and couldn't find him but did see a few other creamy coloured terriers. I've checked all the creeks, the biggest one flows just behind our house and I've followed it and called his name all along it. He is a very timid dog (I've had him a year and I'm the only one he'll let touch him, although he has been getting better with other people) I'm very worried about him.

ETA: Just spoke to the publican and apparently the dog she saw belongs to an old man who brings it every day. :(

Edited by mixeduppup

M U P , last year, then 4 mth old 'Possum' ran off into the unknown during a thunderstorm .We drove & walked & called .... and decided she'd died, or was still running, ...

then exactly 48 hrs later ..I was outside feeding dogs ,when I felt a paw on my leg .... and there she was!!! Skinny and very thirsty .. but she's never run away again.

So, there is hope for your boy to be trying to find his way back now the adrenaline's worn off..

:hug: