Anyone Go To The Bill Bruce Seminar?

Aphra

I went today and it was excellent. Bill Bruce gave a terrific outline of why the Calgary model works, by engaging the community and giving them value and attention, not just fines and punitive legislation. The panel afterwards was also excellent. I was heartened also by the range of organisations represented, which included the RSPCA, MAV and AVA.

Bill Bruce will appear on the 7.30 report, but I'm not sure what day. He'll be interviewed by Neil Mitchell on ABC radio at 9am on Tuesday.

I think there is another presentation in Melbourne tomorrow afternoon as well.

I tweeted some highlight comments @Tails_End.

I helped organise the Sydney talks but unfortunately couldn't go as I was in Alice Springs for the Australian Institute of Animal Management conference. All the feedback I got was really, really positive though. We're incredibly lucky that he's been here.

I went today and it was excellent. Bill Bruce gave a terrific outline of why the Calgary model works, by engaging the community and giving them value and attention, not just fines and punitive legislation. The panel afterwards was also excellent. I was heartened also by the range of organisations represented, which included the RSPCA, MAV and AVA.

Bill Bruce will appear on the 7.30 report, but I'm not sure what day. He'll be interviewed by Neil Mitchell on ABC radio at 9am on Tuesday

Biggest possible :thumbsup: .

Thanks for the feedback ... seems Bill will not be visiting Brisbane, unfortunately.

Bill Bruce will appear on the 7.30 report, but I'm not sure what day. He'll be interviewed by Neil Mitchell on ABC radio at 9am on Tuesday.

I think there is another presentation in Melbourne tomorrow afternoon as well.

I tweeted some highlight comments @Tails_End.

Aphra, glad you enjoyed the seminar. Bit disappointed that more people didn't attend, but overall, it went very well. Dogs On Trial organized the seminar.

On the panel ,

Graeme McEwan, BAWP,

Karen Davies, Vet

Dr David Lowe, representing Dogs Victoria,

Allie Jalbert, RSPCA

Dr Susan Maastricht, AVA,

Robert Holmes, dog behaviorist,

Brad Griggs, dog trainer,

And of course, Bill Bruce. :)

Every council in Victoria was invited to attend either the Sunday seminar or the Monday seminar. I think a couple of council people attended the Sunday one, and about 3 councils were represented at the Monday seminar.

Edited by sumosmum