What Is Your Favourite Animal To Own

Rascalmyshadow

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had rabbits, mice, cats, dogs, sheep, guinea pigs and horses. for me it comes down to the individual personalities. I had a horse that would see me at the gate and come running and give me kisses, others that didn't lift an ear. But my favourite animal of all time was my late cat Charlie .. I saved her from a bin when she was only a couple of weeks old and she was devoted to our family. next would be my childhood collie rough called Sheba ... :)

I've had rabbits, mice, cats, dogs, sheep, guinea pigs and horses. for me it comes down to the individual personalities. I had a horse that would see me at the gate and come running and give me kisses, others that didn't lift an ear. But my favourite animal of all time was my late cat Charlie .. I saved her from a bin when she was only a couple of weeks old and she was devoted to our family. next would be my childhood collie rough called Sheba ... :)

Aw she sounds like my cat Charlie! As annoying as she is I really love her to pieces!

Guinea pigs. I had quite a few when I was young and they were such cute, happy little critters. They used to greet me with squeaks when they heard me come home and a couple of my boys were very affectionate. :D I spent many hours talking to them and watching their antics.

I hope when I'm old and have lost the last of my marbles they just push me out to watch chooks all day.

Love that :thumbsup:

I love my chooks and my horse, definitely not a cat person but the horse takes the place of a cat in our household (She's very full of her own self importance, likes being fed and groomed and if you're lucky you get to pat her!)

Nothing beats the freedom of being on a horses back

I'm a dog and a cat person, of course, but I have a special place in my heart for horses, having grown up owning one and riding since I could walk. But my other passion is birds, and my parrot in particular. He's a whole other level of intelligent and amazing

pippin_zps0adb6433.jpg

Have a horse [a 16 year old Clydesdale mare, I've her had since she was 11 months old]. Also have a 3 year old feral goat [bought him from a bloke who was sending him to feedlot at around 4 weeks old]. Birdwise I always have a budgie - just love them! Current budgie is 13 years old now, so not sure how long he'll last...he is looking more and more old of feather these days :(

Guess I love horses due to their long lived lives, my old boy [an Arab] was 34 when he passed on.

Used to have gin pigs and rabbits. The rabbits were wild ones the cat had brought home as babies. But with all the foxes around, it's wiser not to have small animals like these [or chooks/ducks].

I want to own a house with enough room for some chooks one day. That's my dream and I'm very annoyed it hasn't magically come to fruition yet.

I'd love some ducks too. And a goat and perhaps a cow. I've always loved goats and cows as pets, they seem so lovely!

I've had the coolest guinea pig ever and not sure another could top him, I wanted a rabbit until we got Rosie. Not sure small fluffy animals sharing a yard would be wise at the moment.

Will always have a cat. Brooke had a Burmese his ex took when they broke up and he was more upset about the cat than the ex so I've promised him we'll have a Burmese one day. I would love Hector to live forever but I just cannot click with my Persian, so I probably won't have another one of those...

Hector is my spirit animal, I want him to live to 100 he was another reject cat dropped off at a pet shop sick at a few weeks old and was such a horrible feral little kitten but evened out really fast and became the great love of my life. He's a persnickety, jealous little turd and god help you if you pat him the wrong way or do something wrong. He makes it known by eyeballing you with his ears back but he's also the most affectionate, intuitive and openly loving cat ever. I love him to bits.

The only animals I've had other than cats and dogs are guinea pigs and rabbits, I like both but like guinea pigs the best, love their little "meep meep mip mip" talking and their excited "weeei weeei" calling, ours used to start that when the heard us bringing their dinner vegies out in a plastic bag :laugh: They were always happy to be cuddled and carried around in our pockets too, so cute :)

I will always have a horse, suppose till the day I drop dead. I have three at my place at the moment, don't expect them to work for a living - just want them to enjoy their lives. To keep the grass short and combat tree regrowth - OH and I keep a herd of pet cattle. :happydance2:

The only animals I've had other than cats and dogs are guinea pigs and rabbits, I like both but like guinea pigs the best, love their little "meep meep mip mip" talking and their excited "weeei weeei" calling, ours used to start that when the heard us bringing their dinner vegies out in a plastic bag :laugh: They were always happy to be cuddled and carried around in our pockets too, so cute :)

We had a free range guinea pig, she was awesome. Used to freak people out as they'd walk ibto the yard and see this tiny thing racing across the yard meep meeping madly :laugh:

I will always have a horse, suppose till the day I drop dead. I have three at my place at the moment, don't expect them to work for a living - just want them to enjoy their lives. To keep the grass short and combat tree regrowth - OH and I keep a herd of pet cattle. :happydance2:

I would LOVE to have some cows one day, they're soooo beautiful

Probably rats - friendly, fun to watch and intelligent! Too bad we can't get rodents other than rats and mice here, both of which I have had as pets - I would really like to try gerbils - I remember a friend had them when I lived in the USA - they were pretty neat! In the US I also had hamsters.

Probably rats - friendly, fun to watch and intelligent! Too bad we can't get rodents other than rats and mice here, both of which I have had as pets - I would really like to try gerbils - I remember a friend had them when I lived in the USA - they were pretty neat! In the US I also had hamsters.

Yes! I'd love to have hamsters!

This is one of my boys, Pip :D

post-25556-0-55531000-1382600720_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aussie3