December Kepala!

Snout Girl

Nope we haven't been before, looking forward to it :)

Collie is being a bit annoying these days as well, I think as his eye sight deteriorates he feels the need to bark at things that aren't there. He's still pretty good in the daytime though, you wouldn't know he's practically blind. Hopefully he won't feel the need to hump Gus's face constantly at kepala seeing as we're not in his territory :p

Brooke and Rick can be dorks together, Rick is looking forward to telling people that Kepala means head or leader in Indonesian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey SG, just wanted to let you know that Kepala rang me today to confirm our booking (I must be the only contact listed for our group). I said all looks good to go ahead at this stage!! How exciting! Can't believe it's actually happening! :D

LC- Sorry you can't make it, hope to see you and Satu next time!

2tollers- feel free to join us for a play after the workshop if your guys aren't too tired :)

Leah82 and StephM- have you come along before? I don't recognise your cuties, looking forward to meeting them! :)

misha&milo- miss you guys heaps, but don't worry, sadly you haven't actually missed much this year, bit of a lack of interest, plus there have been times when Kepala has closed down due to wet conditions. Looking forward to seeing you next year, preferably early in the year, as we have another skin-baby due end of March ;) I imagine I'll be skipping meets for a few months at least after that.

Would be so good to see some other original regulars come along too..... (not that we don't love meeting new doggies- and their humans).

That's strange, I did leave my mobile number with them when I made all the bookings for 2014...perhaps they just like you better Carissa :D

List of dogs

Snout Girl- Bert, Sally, Bruce

StephM - Rosie and Gus (might ask around and see if anyone else is in)

Leah82 - Collie and Sarah

pip1981- Dakota

nancylady-Oscar

Malcolmus-Shakur

deadsheep - Bronson, Cassie, Dolly, Hannibal

Snout Girl Friend: Amber

List of food

Snout Girl- vegie option, some kind of salad, hamburgers

StephM - Potato salad and Soft Drinks of some description.

Leah82 - Leafy Salad and Sausages

pip1981- Chicken wings, soft drink, general bbq supplies.

nancylady-choc cake salad sandwiches

Malcolmus-potato chips

deadsheep - minute steaks, bread/rolls and butter

Snout Girl Friend: vegie stuff for bbq

Hey guys,

Sorry for the short notice, but can't be helped. We were really looking forward to finally getting back to Kepala again, but my girl Dakota has been at the vet with a bit of a mystery illness. We're observing her at the moment, and she's due back at the vet this afternoon for further assessment. Unfortunately this means my friend 'nancylady' with Oscar cannot attend either, as they were coming along in my wagon. Thankfully, you still have a big enough group, but I'm afraid someone will have to bring along some plates, cutlery, sauces, tongs, etc. And maybe pick up the slack with some lacking foods :(

For those of you who know them, both my girls came down with diarrhoea after being given a treat they're not used to over the space of a couple of days (a Christmas gift). Well, that's the only thing we could think of that caused it anyway. They seemed to get over it themselves after 48 hrs, were all clear for close to 24 hrs, then Dakota had more diarrhoea, and suddenly seemed to lose strength in her rear end, couldn't stand on her own or walk! We were hoping it was just weakness in relation to the severe diarrhoea, but the vet suspects it's more than that. He thinks that the muscle spasms caused by the diarrhoea have triggered a pre-existing spinal issue! He said there is evidence of muscle wastage along her spine and hip joints, but I'm in total shock, as she's always been tiny, and even at her checkup 2 months ago, the same vet said she was in good condition, although I was aware she had lost weight in general (she's always fluctuated). Whether or not he just didn't feel thoroughly enough under all the coat, as he wasn't looking for a problem, I just don't know. She was given injections of anti-inflammatories and antibiotics last night and sent home. Her movement seems to have come good, in that she looks like she can get up and walk normally, but is still very slow and resting most of the time. She had one more bout of the runs after coming home last night, but nothing since, although I haven't fed her. He's suggesting bloods and further meds until her movement/behaviour is 'normal', and then xrays to check his suspicions. I'm really hoping he's wrong, but he said the level of weakness she was showing was not common after illness, unless the dog is so ill they've barely moved for days, and she wasn't showing any other signs of illness except the diarrhoea itself. I'm wishful thinking that it's just an unusual case.. :( I'll keep those of you interested informed.

Hope you all have a lovely time, and sorry we can't make it. Merry Christmas and hope to see you all early next year.

Revised :(

List of dogs

Malcolmus-Shakur

List of food

Snout Girl- vegie option, some kind of salad, hamburgers

Malcolmus-potato chips

Revised :(

List of dogs

Malcolmus-Shakur

List of food

Snout Girl- vegie option, some kind of salad, hamburgers, tomato sauce, plates, cups, cutlery, bbq utensils

Malcolmus-potato chips

Hey guys,

Sorry for the short notice, but can't be helped. We were really looking forward to finally getting back to Kepala again, but my girl Dakota has been at the vet with a bit of a mystery illness. We're observing her at the moment, and she's due back at the vet this afternoon for further assessment. Unfortunately this means my friend 'nancylady' with Oscar cannot attend either, as they were coming along in my wagon. Thankfully, you still have a big enough group, but I'm afraid someone will have to bring along some plates, cutlery, sauces, tongs, etc. And maybe pick up the slack with some lacking foods :(

For those of you who know them, both my girls came down with diarrhoea after being given a treat they're not used to over the space of a couple of days (a Christmas gift). Well, that's the only thing we could think of that caused it anyway. They seemed to get over it themselves after 48 hrs, were all clear for close to 24 hrs, then Dakota had more diarrhoea, and suddenly seemed to lose strength in her rear end, couldn't stand on her own or walk! We were hoping it was just weakness in relation to the severe diarrhoea, but the vet suspects it's more than that. He thinks that the muscle spasms caused by the diarrhoea have triggered a pre-existing spinal issue! He said there is evidence of muscle wastage along her spine and hip joints, but I'm in total shock, as she's always been tiny, and even at her checkup 2 months ago, the same vet said she was in good condition, although I was aware she had lost weight in general (she's always fluctuated). Whether or not he just didn't feel thoroughly enough under all the coat, as he wasn't looking for a problem, I just don't know. She was given injections of anti-inflammatories and antibiotics last night and sent home. Her movement seems to have come good, in that she looks like she can get up and walk normally, but is still very slow and resting most of the time. She had one more bout of the runs after coming home last night, but nothing since, although I haven't fed her. He's suggesting bloods and further meds until her movement/behaviour is 'normal', and then xrays to check his suspicions. I'm really hoping he's wrong, but he said the level of weakness she was showing was not common after illness, unless the dog is so ill they've barely moved for days, and she wasn't showing any other signs of illness except the diarrhoea itself. I'm wishful thinking that it's just an unusual case.. :( I'll keep those of you interested informed.

Hope you all have a lovely time, and sorry we can't make it. Merry Christmas and hope to see you all early next year.

Very sorry to hear dakaota and tika are unwell. Fingers crossed that the vet gets to the bottom of Dakota's troubles and is able to set her back on the path to being the happy, healthy, barking fluff ball she is. It's horrible when the furries are sick so if you need anything please let me know.

I think we are all sad we wont get to see you at kepala this month but am sure you will be back with a vengeance next month :)

Thoughts are with you and all the best at the vet this avo

To everyone else- I have all the bbq necessities covered as well (plates, cutlery, cups, tongs etc) and bought a bottle of tomato sauce.

Perhaps others could add a few things like a cake, soft drink, napkins, chicken etc to their food list? :)

That would be awesome if you could :)

Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing everyone- we still have 13 doggies and the weather looks awesome so we are set to go ahead :)

To everyone else- I have all the bbq necessities covered as well (plates, cutlery, cups, tongs etc) and bought a bottle of tomato sauce.

Perhaps others could add a few things like a cake, soft drink, napkins, chicken etc to their food list? :)

Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing everyone- we still have 13 doggies and the weather looks awesome so we are set to go ahead :)

:( sorry you can't make it pip

We have napkins so I can bring those and the OH is already picking up some chicken skewers with the sausages. I'll just get him to grab some soft drink now as well.

:( sorry you can't make it pip

We have napkins so I can bring those and the OH is already picking up some chicken skewers with the sausages. I'll just get him to grab some soft drink now as well.

Your a champ :) Looking forward to meeting you and the dogs!

List of dogs

Malcolmus-Shakur

Gertrude139 - no dogs this time, maybe next time :)

List of food

Snout Girl- vegie option, some kind of salad, hamburgers, tomato sauce, plates, cups, cutlery, bbq utensils

Malcolmus-potato chips

Gertrude139 - orange juice, cake, sweet treats, peanut butter cups - unless anyone has a peanut allergy??