Nekhbet...

kelpiecuddles

:laugh: my snotty, coughing self was in Seddon this morning at a sparrows fart to train dogs then renovating the rest of the day

Doobs super chuffed she's famous though :laugh: right flibberty gibbet now ... I was going to be interstate around this time actually for the service dog trials but renos in the way this year. That and it takes me ages to find someone game enough to look after now 4 Malinois ... oh did I mention I got another one ...

20131027_2031201.jpg

Everyone, this is Lucky

Lucky, this is everyone :p

He's Rogues first cousin, technically almost a clone of her, Mina's 3rd ish cousin and Scooby's related to everyone in one way or another :p

Just thought it was an amazing coincidence that there was a(nother?) Mal called Scooby!

I know, I'm used to Malinois called Tazer, Dozer, Rico, Uzi, you know... big tough names...

Then there's Scooooooooooby dooby doo :rofl: I dunno. Might make a working dog out of her yet, mum has grand plans to get into SAR.

Edited by Nekhbet

God he's lovely a dark. Love the dark mals.

I know I'm onto them too (Don't tell Mina and Scooby :o )

I said to OH now we have even sides! One dark Mal each, one tan mal each and a black squishy dog each ... POKEMON BATTLES! Still trying to figure out how to get Malinois into pokeballs without losing life threatening amounts of blood :rofl:

I'd love to train dogs for SARDA Nekhbet but unfortunately they aren't in NSW. I'm a very active SES member and we do a lot of wilderness searches in this area so a good SARDA dog would be an amazing addition to the team! By the time I get my next basset/s my kids will be much older so I'm thinking by then I might be willing to do a bit of travel to do some training in Sydney or Canberra and talk to SARDA about whether we might be able to get some expansion happening :p

I'd love to train dogs for SARDA Nekhbet but unfortunately they aren't in NSW. I'm a very active SES member and we do a lot of wilderness searches in this area so a good SARDA dog would be an amazing addition to the team! By the time I get my next basset/s my kids will be much older so I'm thinking by then I might be willing to do a bit of travel to do some training in Sydney or Canberra and talk to SARDA about whether we might be able to get some expansion happening

We're going rogue on SAR :laugh: OH got a little, shall we say disillusioned with SARDA chapter down here so we're just training on our own and we shall offer SAR dogs to SES or DP dogs to others who want to dip into the civilian pool. So far a clients white shep has succeeded almost 400m track/trail and over hard surface between parkland and industrial estate. He's doing it all for an inch piece of hotdog would you believe. So proud of the two of them it's incredible to watch :)

Sounds awesome Nekhbet, I think that's what it will come down to here. Sounds like as long as the dog was properly proven through titles or whatever that they would consider approving it for use through head office. I've never even seen a dog track in real life though so at the moment it's a lot of reading and then a very careful choice of breeder and puppy when we get to that point. My current one just doesn't have the motivation or interest but not surprising given I deliberately discouraged it LOL

My current one just doesn't have the motivation or interest but not surprising given I deliberately discouraged it LOL

It's never too late ;) and cut back the food right royaly, you can start with just searching for tasty tid bits around a park, shopping centre garden, town centre etc (yes, you too can look batshit insane like me) as the start. There's no loss in it, everything is a learning experience. You can buy the best pup in the world but without some sort of experience and mistake making process you can get nill result from that one too. Come on, give it a go :p even the kelpie can do it.

If I can get a spaniel x poodle to do manic car searches within an hour I reckon your dogs can do it. This little critter was a ball of curly haired fury, very useful size though could squeeze right in under the wheel arches and find things in there :laugh:

She'd have no trouble finding a person if they were wearing a Lady Gaga meat dress, not getting distracted by the smell of kangaroos, other dogs and small children who might want to play is a whole separate challenge :laugh:

I don't doubt what you are saying though, I had my boxer X mastiff sheep herding at one stage and one of the other (DOLers I'm pretty sure) was herding with a dingo that day.

Lucky is divine :love:. I love the dark Mals as well.

Eta: kelpie cuddles we were at that herding day :eek: . I remember that day well. I even have photos. Your kelpie was the little one wasn't she?

Edited by Clover