Dog Wanted To Adopt- Victoria

So my parents are looking for a dog and have asked me to assist them. It is vital that they get the right dog for them and they are willing to wait as long as needed for that to happen. Dogs need to meet the following criteria

Must be female- this is NOT negotiable for their own reasons.

18 months- 6 years of age- no puppies or very young dogs

MUST be very good with children

Needs to be dog friendly

Must be okay with being an only dog though it is possible that they will adopt a second dog in the coming years

Breed- ANY working dog mix, labrador or spaniel type mixes

No bigger than Labrador size

No bull breeds or bull breed mixes

No major behavioural problems

Short hair though labrador type coats are fine

Will only deal with ethical, responsible rescue groups who have quarantine procedures etc.

My parents are retired and will spend ALOT of time with the dog they adopt. Dog will be inside when they are home, when they are out dog will have a dog door to one large room of the house as well as access to the secure backyard. Dog will be walked once a day. This is an EXCELLENT home for the right dog.

Please post links here or you can email me [email protected]

They are prepared to wait for the right dog- i have encountered many dogs over the years that would meet the criteria, they're happy with a pretty wide age range and a variety of common breed mixes.

They want a rescue dog and prefer cross breeds- it's what they have always had and have been very happy with.

Edited by Cosmolo

They are prepared to wait for the right dog- i have encountered many dogs over the years that would meet the criteria, they're happy with a pretty wide age range and a variety of common breed mixes

I agree - there are heaps of dogs in rescue that would satisfy their criteria and I don't regard them as being overly specific. Much easier to satisfy than some of the weird ones I come across like - must weigh the same as my previous dog/must look exactly the same as my previous dog, must be a purebred border collie with classic markings etc etc. I find it much easier to match dogs on the basis of temperament.

Thanks to everyone who has assisted in this search. My parents currently have a Beagle x on trial from Beagle Rescue Victoria- the trial is going extremely well and i am pretty sure they have their new family member!