Good Melbourne Daycare

Steph M

Afternoon DOL-ers!

I’m after some recommendations for a good daycare or similar in Melbourne. Happy to travel, I’m in the western ‘burbs (please please please don’t say Hairy Hounds!)

We have some repairs and things that need to be done to the fencing and indoors at our place and figure it’s just easier to have the canines out of the way rather than risk disaster with the gates being open.

I would love to have a really good daycare system in place for such days, we’ve had shocking luck so far and wouldn’t touch the previous with a ten foot pole!

They are social butterflies and love other dogs so it’d be nice for them to have some company and I’d love to have somewhere that recognised them as individual personalities and treated them as such. I’m asking a bit, I know!

Fire away!

Afternoon DOL-ers!

I’m after some recommendations for a good daycare or similar in Melbourne. Happy to travel, I’m in the western ‘burbs (please please please don’t say Hairy Hounds!)

We have some repairs and things that need to be done to the fencing and indoors at our place and figure it’s just easier to have the canines out of the way rather than risk disaster with the gates being open.

I would love to have a really good daycare system in place for such days, we’ve had shocking luck so far and wouldn’t touch the previous with a ten foot pole!

They are social butterflies and love other dogs so it’d be nice for them to have some company and I’d love to have somewhere that recognised them as individual personalities and treated them as such. I’m asking a bit, I know!

Fire away!

Hi Steph,

sent you a PM :D

Oh no, what are the ones you wouldn't touch? It's hard to know good from bad without recommendations or other ppl who use them and can say what goes on. I take my pup to a doggy day care that seem ok from what I've seen, but do you mind pming me with any you do or don't like Cosmolo?

• 1 month later...

I know a person interested in purchasing a pup who has plans on using day care. While I personally am not comfortable with the idea of a toy breed pup going into day care at 12 weeks of age, I am trying to at least steer her into doing some homework on them and not just relying on what is stated on the website or the view given on a guided tour.

Could anyone advise of the ones to steer clear of especially in the bayside or eastern suburbs of Melbourne via pm.

I have googled the one she seem keen on using and the 1 review is not complimentary of the place but I don't think one negative posting is going to sway the argument so hoping some personal feedback or general information might help.

Would anyone have any recommendations on private pet sitters or pet sitting companies that do daily pop in visits and/or care for pets when owners have to travel on business.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Animal Lovers in Blackburn do dog walking and may do that sort of visiting service. There is nothing particularly hip or fancy about the business or the branding but the operator has an Animal Technology qualification and decades of experience.

Someone who provides that sort of service - opportunity for the pup to toilet outside during the middle of the day, and careful outings, then left back at home with some environmental enrichment may be a better option for a toy breed, particularly if they're very delicate and a breed prone to anxiety.