Clicking Sound

Vurd2BB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't be able to have those X-rays scored through the German Shepherd club scheme as you need to have the paperwork prior to having the X-rays done, and the form number noted on the X-ray.

Ray ferguson at Monash vet clinic in Melbourne can score them if you arrange to send him a digital copy, I'm not sure who else to suggest.

They do look like good hips to me, though I'm no expert.

I had some feedback from someone i emailed with the scans, they look pretty good, was the comment.

"Her hips and elbows are fairly good. The hips - the right hip is just slightly shallow and just slightly loose - nothing to worry about, the left hip has a very slight thickening of the cranial acetabular edge, again nothing to worry about, her elbows are normal. There is a calcinosis ( calcium deposit next to one elbow - again not an issue, won't cause any lameness etc.

Her hips would probably score around 6-8 on the right and 4-5 on the left. The pass mark for the "A" stamp is a maximum of 8 points in total with no more than 3 points in any one area. Certainly would not be concerned about either of her hips or elbows as a long term issue,"

Out of curiosity what is the background of the person giving that comment?

You won't be able to have those X-rays scored through the German Shepherd club scheme as you need to have the paperwork prior to having the X-rays done, and the form number noted on the X-ray.

Ray ferguson at Monash vet clinic in Melbourne can score them if you arrange to send him a digital copy, I'm not sure who else to suggest.

They do look like good hips to me, though I'm no expert.

Thanks, how can i contact Ray ?

I have lost my dogs papers :( Is there a way to get the details again ?

The person who has commented on the x-rays is a well known person in the GSD community in NSW.

Don't want to say too much in case the person doesn't want that, sorry. You can PM me if you like ?

I have no particular interest in who, was jut wondering whether they were comments from a breeders or someone with a veterinary background.

Ray Ferguson is great, he is involved with Pennhip scoring.

And yes you did read right, he said if he was scoring Coops hips they would be in the 80-90 range :(

What would / should they score after surgery ?