Wahl Cordless Clipper

Mollyrulz

Just wanting to know from experienced people here whether the WAHL Cordless Clipper is any good... I currently use the Wahl KM2 clippers and was wondering if the "cordless" ones are good for in-between and for my Moodle who fidgets a lot!

Just want to know whether to stay away from Cordless as it may not lasts (eg 30-45 mins clip)?

THANKS

I just brought a Wahl cordless/ battery opperated trimmer today actually to trim my guys feet as we have a big tick / bur/ bindi problem in our area. I brought a Shear Magic trimmer of simmilar type which lasted only a very short time then stopped working. So hopefully I have better luck with this one. I will keep my docket after teela's helpful heads up advice :)

Plan B is to spend more than 3 times the $$ if need be. I have a Wahl cord clipperkit already thats been used once but is too bulky / heavy for me to use due to my hand injury impairment issues.

Edited by BC Crazy

For in between what? why not just use the ones you have? If your dog fidgets having cordless clippers will not change that.

Shd have said I have 2 dogs - one a Moodle that fidgets and another a medium sized Lagotto and he does not fidget. I want to use for him as he gets very hot in summer. I trim every 8 weeks as I have Fibromyalgia and OsteoArthiritis which makes it difficult sometimes as there is a lot of pain in my joints.

IF I can make the "time" required to trim his hair shorter (I am NOT a Groomer)ie reduced from 1 1/2 hrs to 45 mins, it will help manage my pain.

That's all ....not entirely about the "fidgeting dog" but it might help as I don't have to fiddle with cords ...

I just brought a Wahl cordless/ battery opperated trimmer today actually to trim my guys feet as we have a big tick / bur/ bindi problem in our area. I brought a Shear Magic trimmer of simmilar type which lasted only a very short time then stopped working. So hopefully I have better luck with this one. I will keep my docket after teela's helpful heads up advice :)

Plan B is to spend more than 3 times the $$ if need be. I have a Wahl cord clipperkit already thats been used once but is too bulky / heavy for me to use due to my hand injury impairment issues.

Looking at a Wahl Cordless from Clipper World - just below $200 mark... not the cheaper ones but the ones that comes with re-chargeable battery so hopefully can last a bit longer.

My advice stay away from them. The vet clinic I worked at replaced all their corded pairs with cordless, they were ok to start with but it didn't take long before they would lose power just clipping a few knots off a cat. Ended up needing to juggle two sets if clippers just to do a small dog.

They were all rechargeable with a docking station.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

Not sounding very sucessful then the cordless type. That is unfortunate. I was just thinking it would be easier. No cord getting in the way. I will use these cheap ones up then try & find a smaller/ lighter cord version I think.

I use Heiniger cordless clippers daily for professional grooming, expensive but they last and battery time is excellent, Andis Super AGR cordless are also excellent. If you are doing full body clips a lot of the cheaper cordless will not handle the pace and the coats if the coat is not prepped properly.

We've recently put a Heiniger Saphir (spelling agh) into our salon and love it. It lasts well and we have a back up battery, which you probably wouldn't need. We also have Wahl KM2's as our original clippers, now great as a backup, but the cordless are fantastic.

Not the cheapest though - but if that isn't an issue, have a look at Clipper World or Pupkus.

Sags