Reporting A Neglected Dog

mumof4girls

Hi guys , I rang RSPCA QLD today to report a dog that is tethered to a dirty long rope to a stick of a tree with no shade and no water .. I've seen him a few times but today something made me stop and really look.. Poor boy looks so skinny ..

So I rang and was on hold for nearly 2 hrs ..

Is there another number I can ring ? Do you have to go through RSPCA ? should I go to the actual RSPCA at Wacol to report it ?

I want to do it in the morning cause tomorrow will be another hot day ...

I was going to knock on the door but I had the kids with me and quite frankly I was really angry ..,

Just not sure what to do as you have to ring the number as per the website ..

Guest Wildthing

Try looking on their web site as you should be able to email them with the details. Well, you can in NSW! I chose to phone instead as the questions were not applicable to what I was reporting.

RSPCA Wacol Animal Care Campus is the State HQ. I do know they have been extremely busy of late which may explain the 2 hour wait. There is usually an option on the phone to leave your details and an operator will ring you back. Remember some calls to them may taken 30 - 40 mins to process the information and they don't have a lot of staff.

The Inspectorate emergency hotline number is 1300 264 625. From 4 - 10pm these calls are taken by the Inspectorate officer or the Animal Ambulance officer so again they may be in the field and dealing with a case or trying to catch an injured animal. If you leave a message they will get back to you.

You can email cruelty: [email protected]

Just come from the property and something must have hapoend because the dog has been moved to a side fence and here at this time of day was shaded. He has a bucket of water..

I don't agree with keeping him tied like this but the fences are low and he is a tall dog, maybe wolfhoundX

I'm going to follow up with RSPCA but still no reply to my email but at least he has water and shade :-) poor bugger