So Proud Of My Girl!

mixeduppup

Yesterday I was walking my bullarab girl through town on my way to work. I passed this mother and her little boy that kept stopping and turning around to watch my dog. I recognised his look and stopped and asked his mother if he'd like to pat her. She said "Oh he's very afraid and has never touched a dog before, we've tried." Without a word he goes "yes!" and walks up to Bronte and gently reaches out and touches her nose. Bronte adores kids and knows she has to sit whenever she meets a child but wanted to be close so dragged her butt along until she was right next to him and he continued to pat and hug her for a long time. His mother just stood there with the biggest smile and repeating "This is a miracle. He's never touched a dog before, he's always terrified". Eventually he stopped said "Bye doggy" and walked off and sat in the car without another word. His mother thanked me profusely and was beside herself. I'm so proud of my girl as when i got her a few months ago she was so scared, not leash trained, everything made her fall on her belly, didn't even know basic commands and she's just a different dog now. You couldn't wipe the proud smile off my face if you tried.

Here's my beautiful baby girl.

bront-1.jpg

Edited by mixeduppup

That's so sweet!

You should change her name to spiderpig though, she seems to be able to cling to the ceiling upside down like spiderpig :p :laugh:

I don't get the spiderpig reference? I've seen the movie but how is she spiderpig? I'm missing something :laugh:

that's so adorable :D

sounds like you've made a lot of progress to get her to where she is now.

gotta wonder what made the kid want to pat your girl so much, if indeed he was scared of dogs. Although kids and dogs sometimes seem to have their own language that we'll probably never understand

That's so sweet!

You should change her name to spiderpig though, she seems to be able to cling to the ceiling upside down like spiderpig :p :laugh:

I don't get the spiderpig reference? I've seen the movie but how is she spiderpig? I'm missing something :laugh:

Yeah it was just the upside down thing :laugh: now the bloody spiderpig song is stuck in my head :laugh: