Best Puppy Food For A Sensitive Tummy?

airlock

well it looks like raw might be out. i tried him with a few bits of turkey last night with his kibble, he's had a pretty bad night of it the poor thing :(. He doesn't seem to want to eat rice this morning so i'll go and get some pumpkin/sweet potato and see if that does the job.

Geez airlock. I wouldn't try anything else new until your Vets visit then. Some tests might shed some light on what is going on. Good luck & keep us posted.

Ive managed to get him an appointment first thing in the morning, he's looking a bit better now but he's really not himself and the poor bugger wont eat a thing :(.

Poor little bloke..hope you get some answers. If he were mine, the first thing I would be ditching, is the DogPro. He most probably can't handle all that grain :(

its on the way out now but we'll need to phase the new stuff in over a the next week or so. hopefully it should cheer his tummy up a bit. just about to give him a sweet potato and see if that helps.

the good news is he has started eating again, the bad new is he will only eat the kittens food.

its on the way out now but we'll need to phase the new stuff in over a the next week or so. hopefully it should cheer his tummy up a bit. just about to give him a sweet potato and see if that helps.

the good news is he has started eating again, the bad new is he will only eat the kittens food.

I may be wrong...but I didn't think dogs could eat cat food. Have you given much of this to him in the past....if so it may be part of his problem

i dont think they are support to either but he found a way up onto the side were we keep it, hes been at it once before but thats all i think and it doesn't seem to have had any adverse effects, she only has small amounts as shes very little right now.

When Kirah's had the runs I always put her on boiled chicken breast and white rice for a few days. Her belly always seems to come good -- but her upsets are brought on by eating lizards I think.

Your poor pup seems to be feeling pretty poorly if not eating -- please don't continue to try and make him eat. If he's not going to touch a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken, it's probably best to leave him be until the vet has a look. Poor boy, hope he starts feeling better soon. :(

Fasting an upset tummy for 24 hrs will not hurt him :)

Good luck at the vets ..write everything down tonight ! What he eats, what treats he gets, what cat food he gets, any human food he gets .....

how his poo looks ..how much you notice him drink ...his energy levels ..all that stuff . In a consult it's easy to forget things -and ....

hold off on that heartworm shot until he is all well ;)

I may be wrong...but I didn't think dogs could eat cat food. Have you given much of this to him in the past....if so it may be part of his problem

Dogs can eat cat/kitten food but not the other way around. However it does tend to be high in protein so I wouldn't make a habit of it, especially with a pup with an upset stomach. I agree with Pers....cooked chicken/rice and a vet visit.

What pers said..... I had a few tummy issues with my boy as a younster. Let his tummy settle for a few days on boiled chic & pumpkin. Then gradually added Earthborn holistic dry food & home made barf. Plus a meaty bone & he thrived . Full of energy. Beautifull shiny coat & yard pick up is firm /minimal.

The thing is with a premium kibble you don't need to feed the same quantity as a cheaper one & you get miles better results. I only feed my boy half a cup per day along with his barf. So a bag lasts me ages. I always measure it out with a cup. I never just guess & I dont go by the feeding guidlines on the pack. Just monitor the way your dog is going. Making sure you can feel his ribs but they aren't visable. Is his coat looking shiny & how is his energy levels.

You may have to try a few different brands to find one that suits him. But IMHO well worth the trouble .

I love the Earthborn holistic for Zig, he has done really well on it. But being a bit fussy, will now only eat it out of his treat ball, lol.. So I put his half a cup of kibble into the treat ball morning and night, then he carts it around and drops it, sending the kibble bits scattering all over the place so he can chase them all down.

He also gets roo, beef, chicken or barf patties at dinner.. Sardines, cottage cheese, egg and lamb or beef ribs and chicken carcasses to change it up..

Liver treats always give Zig runny or soft poo as well, so we limit those.

What pers said..... I had a few tummy issues with my boy as a younster. Let his tummy settle for a few days on boiled chic & pumpkin. Then gradually added Earthborn holistic dry food & home made barf. Plus a meaty bone & he thrived . Full of energy. Beautifull shiny coat & yard pick up is firm /minimal.

The thing is with a premium kibble you don't need to feed the same quantity as a cheaper one & you get miles better results. I only feed my boy half a cup per day along with his barf. So a bag lasts me ages. I always measure it out with a cup. I never just guess & I dont go by the feeding guidlines on the pack. Just monitor the way your dog is going. Making sure you can feel his ribs but they aren't visable. Is his coat looking shiny & how is his energy levels.

You may have to try a few different brands to find one that suits him. But IMHO well worth the trouble .

I love the Earthborn holistic for Zig, he has done really well on it. But being a bit fussy, will now only eat it out of his treat ball, lol.. So I put his half a cup of kibble into the treat ball morning and night, then he carts it around and drops it, sending the kibble bits scattering all over the place so he can chase them all down.

He also gets roo, beef, chicken or barf patties at dinner.. Sardines, cottage cheese, egg and lamb or beef ribs and chicken carcasses to change it up..

Liver treats always give Zig runny or soft poo as well, so we limit those.

Glad to here Zig also does really well on EBH Staffyluv. We love it here too. Zig is on the exact same diet as my guys, even down to a little cottage cheese etc :)

He's doing a lot better thanks, The sweet potato diet did wonders for him and firmed things right up, bright orange as you would expect. The vet agreed the problem is most likely a combination of the KIbble, raw meat and liver treats , although a small infection is possible. We were given some probiotics to help him out and a few recommendations for kibble change. He's a hell of a lot happier and the garden smells a lot sweeter witch is a god send. He's on pedigree puppy for now as we already had the bag and the vet seemed happy with the choice.

I guess Its just about finding a diet that works for him and gives him what he needs.

Thanks from all of us for the help and advice.