Banned Breed - Dogo Argentino

TrevX

Hi all, just wondering if their are any other Aussies out there that share the same love I do for the Dogo Argentino? :)

And also wondering if anyone new how long they have actually been banned in Aus? I plan to move to America in roughly 6months purely to own these beautiful dogs & also for the wide variety of reptiles I can then own :)

za7uvezy.jpg

It's not the breed, it's the owner.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're banned in NZ too, I have met a couple of them. One bitch had a really lovely owner and was a lovely sociable girl, the other you could not have paid me to go near, owner didn't look like a nice guy either! Certainly not doing good things for the breed, but I've heard plenty of people at the park mention how lovely the bitch is.

Be careful where you move to if you want to own a Dogo.

I'm pretty confident they are banned in at least a few cities or counties in the USA. Check out local law carefully.

How did you go getting a green card?

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Thanks for all your positive replies usually I get some type of negativity :(

My father lives in USA so won't be a painful process as to most people who have to enter green card lottery etc.

I haven't chosen a place as of yet :( as in a previous comment about the laws etc with the breed being banned their also, I haven't fully researched that (thanks for the heads up) was thinking big city, maybe New York etc as my partner is a boxing promoter & wherever she goes I do lol.

I'm not a fan of the cropped ears either, I mean it gives the dog a wonderful appearance, although I am purely in it for the love of them :) as well as the pitties :)

Just wondering has anyone gone through the process of taking their dogs overseas? Is it a 6mnth stay in quarantine? Any help with that would be appreciated, as I have a 18mnth old Dane x Bull Arab who was a rescue who I don't think I could ever leave behind :(

Taking an Aussie dog to america is a simple process and usually no quarantine is required, bringing it back however will require quarantine.

Ok thanks mate. Didn't want to leave my boy behind :)

Taking an Aussie dog to america is a simple process and usually no quarantine is required, bringing it back however will require quarantine.

Ok thanks mate. Didn't want to leave my boy behind :)

No worries. You'll find it quite expensive though as they go by weight. Good luck and hope you find somewhere nice.

Unless you've owned some really dominant, difficult dogs before I would not advocate you go out and buy one of these. They're banned for a reason. Get yourself some experience with a dog happy to correct you with a big set of teeth before just going on looks.

They look pretty awesome but a bet they can be quite a handful. Really big muscly dog bred for hunting large game, will need a very firm and balanced hand i'm guessing.

Do american have any band breeds or does it just differ from town to town?

Pretty sure Dogo Argentino is on the list of breeds that insurance companies won't cover your house if you own one.

What insurance companies? Depends on area/country. The people who I know that have dogos don't have any trouble with stuff like that. They're treated just like any other dog.