Where Does Your Dog Sleep?

airlock

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours sleep on a dog bed in a small living area outside our bedroom.

While my OH would like them in bed they aren't for 2 reasons...

I'm allergic to dogs

I'm a pretty light sleep and Sarah snores

On Sunday morning the OH went to dog training with Collie, I stayed in bed because the party next door kept me awake the night before.

About 15 minutes after they left I can hear Sarah outside my room pacing and whining because Collie was gone. To get her to calm down she ended up like this...

post-49536-0-09277400-1384207552_thumb.jpg

Banjo has a crate in our bedroom but prefers the carpet next to the bed .... at some point during the night he will go to his crate, or if it's hot, he will sleep by the front door. Being a Maltese he can't jump up on our bed ... but he does come up in the mornings for a play/cuddle before we get up!

My Border Collie chooses to sleep on her foam bed in the dining room corner, Jingo pup sleeps in his crate under the dining room table at night.

Right now Kira is in her usual daytime spot, two feet away from me on the floor, and Jingo is under my computer table on his day bed, draped over my feet. .... my warm furry slippers with a heartbeat- life is good in our house!

Di

Hehe love all the photos! Cherry sleeps on my bed, Rusty is a weirdo and prefers to be outside, so he gets free rein of the yard and sleeps wherever he wants, and up until a few weeks ago Biscuit was also on the bed, but since having the aircon on he's decided he can't hold his bladder long anymore :( So he's outside with Rusty, but I have a crate out there that he chooses to go into.

As a pup Jager slept in his crate next to the bed. Once he was trusted with toilet training he had run of the house and can sleep where ever he likes. 100% of the time it is on our bed, between my knees. One leg has to be straight and other bent so that he can curl up between my knees and rest his head on the bent knee.

As a pup Jager slept in his crate next to the bed. Once he was trusted with toilet training he had run of the house and can sleep where ever he likes. 100% of the time it is on our bed, between my knees. One leg has to be straight and other bent so that he can curl up between my knees and rest his head on the bent knee.

That's exactly how Boston sleeps! I couldn't figure how to described it so I said between my legs, but he snuggles in behind my knee and rests his head on my leg, pinning me so I can't move :laugh:

My BC girl sleeps in crate in bedroom except when I first go to bed when she sleeps on the bed. She gets put in her crate when OH comes to bed around 2am. His Brittany girl sleeps in a crate in the lounge except for when I go to work at 8am and then she sleeps on the bed until he gets up 10:30am! The cat sleeps on the bed all of the time regardless of what people and dogs are also there, can't tell her what to do :)

Gussy usually sleeps on his bed in the lounge room, but if my oh isn't home or there is a thunderstorm I'll move his bed into our bedroom and he sleeps there. Shez sleeps on our bed. She knows when my oh comes in she has to be down by our feet, but without fail at around 5am every morning she'll sneak up and smoosh her head under my chin for cuddles lol :)

Wolf sleeps in the hallway, that way no one can go anywhere in the house without him knowing about it.

Dante and Freyja sleep on the big bed next to me, Dany & Tyrion are on the end of the bed. Dresden is in his crate in the lounge room until he is toilet trained.

Emmy sleeps on the bed and Skeeter sleeps anywhere he wants.. most of the time he sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed. This morning I found his sprawled out on the back deck with rain dripping on his head...

But this is pretty much how it is before bedtime before Mr W goes to bed.. except now there is a baby sleeping on the bed too.

10811745574_67520a54f5_z.jpg

Edited by W Sibs