Dog Car

Esky the husky

Ugh looks like another one of my cars is nearing `retirement'.

I'm on my 3rd ish car since I started dryland racing. :o 3 years ago .

Admittedly they've all been badly suited and/or old cars, but I'm sick of buying a car every season. Or being stuck at home on my days off because I'm worried about my car.

I need something that can handle some offroad. Not really 4wd. More forestry logging trails. Not sure if I want something small that could tow and cope with the roads, or a wagon ( i camp in the back of my wagon at races). or some kind of ute... Or a 4wd..

Clear as mud? Any ideas?

Love my Pjaro, ticks all your boxes can roll the seats forward to make the back big enough for a double bed :D

Here is mine packed with a weeks worth of camping / show gear and still enough room for 2 Stafford's on the back seat

437734F4-2AFC-437F-90B9-99CEC511C92E-1031-00000138F780D2B0_zpsb2270f37.jpg

My X-trail is perfect for trialling and camping. All our retrieving trials are held on private farming property and the terrain can be slippery - the X-trail copes with it really well. I'd get a diesel though.

I will be moving to a Landcruiser down the track for the extra room.

I like the Paj but for those bloody side opening doors! Very inconvenient.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

i have Hyundai Santa Fe ... its diesel so very economical, heaps of space in boot and the seats lay down flat. I have fit a blow up queen mattress in there before with a bit of squishing lol. It does look a little soccer mum-esque and is really more of a "soft roader" than and off roader but it tows the camper trailer really weel on rough dirt tracks, and keeps me from getting bogged in the mud at festivals so it works for me! Fits the dogs, and the child, and the camping gear in it fine, and still leaves everyone comfortable. Would definitely recommend if you are looking at SUV style cars :)

Edited by Lasareina

Rainy? It appears that you've forgotten to pack the kitchen sink!

Interesting about the Peujeot suggestion. We've currently got a Forrester, but I like the look of them! Do they come in leather seats I wonder?

Yes, leather heated seats.

We have a Ford Territory Ghia AWD & absolutely love it. The back seats lay down perfectly flat & even without that, there is plenty of room for the dogs in the cargo area, but they ride on the folded down seats & their seatbelts attach to the cargo barrier. It is a lovely safe car to drive & off road is no problem :)

Rainy? It appears that you've forgotten to pack the kitchen sink!

Interesting about the Peujeot suggestion. We've currently got a Forrester, but I like the look of them! Do they come in leather seats I wonder?

My Subaru XV has heated leather seats. I think the top model Forester has them too.

I don't know where you are at Esky but just wanted to add that if you are of an age where you intend to have kids then bare in mind that the Subaru's are atrocious for fitting car seats in to, we loved our Subaru but had to get rid of it and didn't get another for that reason. :(