Msm

sandi'smum

MSM has been around for a long time. I believe it's used for tissue repair and a few other muscular things. I've seen it in some of the glucosamine formula's at the chemist & health shops. Told a lot of athletes use it.

I used it on one of my dogs a few years ago and even took it myself. Can't say it was the 'super fix all' it states, tastes pretty crappy but to be fair I didn't really give it a long enough trial as Murphy absolutely hated the bitter taste. Back then my dog was pretty unwell and the vets couldn't help so I decided to go all holistic on him :o

My dogs have glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM powder in their food every day. I use as a supplement to hopefully ward off arthritis in their senior years.

My dogs are 9 1/2yo and 8 1/2yo now with no joint problems. They've been on the supplement since they were pups.

If giving the supplement with dry food it can be mixed with a spoonful of yoghurt.

Thank you for the replies. I have been told it is the be-all and end-all, as a natural anti-inflamatory. The M.S.M powder can be bought by itself. After doing a search online, it looks like it might be worth a try, not only for my animals, but for myself!!!! :thumbsup:

My dogs have glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM powder in their food every day. I use as a supplement to hopefully ward off arthritis in their senior years.

My dogs are 9 1/2yo and 8 1/2yo now with no joint problems. They've been on the supplement since they were pups.

If giving the supplement with dry food it can be mixed with a spoonful of yoghurt.

Like what you're doing, mine are 4 & 6 now so maybe it's time I start using something to what you are. What brand are you using? At the moment I give them probiotics & coconut oil in their evening meals.

Use to buy the MSM on it's own but the taste (even masked) was yuck.

Like what you're doing, mine are 4 & 6 now so maybe it's time I start using something to what you are. What brand are you using? At the moment I give them probiotics & coconut oil in their evening meals.

The brand I use is Wagners MSM Joint Formula. I mix it with Jalna low fat yoghurt.

The brand I use is Wagners MSM Joint Formula. I mix it with Jalna low fat yoghurt.

Thanks cavNrott