Black Hawk Food

I have not found a dropping of quality on BH.

I did have one issue with the lamb based puppy formula where it did not agree with one litter of pups. When I put them onto another chicken based formula the squirts cleared up. Aside from this one issue, I have not had a problem with BH.

I feed the chicken/rice and have never had a problem.

Edit: I did notice when I first changed from another premium brand to BH years ago I did have a coat drop and they did look a little scruffy, but it soon picked up after being on it a month or so later. In saying this, this could happen if you changed from any one brand to another its not something negative towards blackhawk

Edited by Mystiqview

I have got no idea why the litter I had did not do well on the puppy formula. It seemed they had a sensitivity to Lamb. First time it ever happened. As soon as they were taken off the lamb, they were fine.

That's not unusual - lamb has that effect in lot's of dogs.

I've been feeding it to my dogs for a few years. If anything I'd say the quality has gone up recently. Used to get the ocassional different looking kibble piece in the bag, which hasn't happened of late.

I just got my 15 month old german shepherd the fish and sweet potato, if I'm not careful about zipping the bag closed, she'll help herself!

Different kibble in the bag indicates that the manufacturer who is making it (BH outsources it) is not taking a lot of care with their production lines and making sure there is isolation between the different runs they are doing for different people. It's should be one of the basics for manufacturing.

There were large redish coloured biscuits ( the kind that look full of food colouring ) in a friends bag of lamb and rice just last week.

As for the quality going down hill, it wasn't great in the first place. I couldn't maintain ripped hard muscle on my dogs, even though they received the same exercise as previously done.

I fed my guys on it for awhile.. Till I notice kibble change in colour n size.. From then on they would poo all night in their crate and worse of all in the trailer at a show! not something you want to wake upto when your first group on and have to rewash n blow dry!!

Found their coats were dull brittle fuzzy and just yuck!! Also itchy and their paws inbetween toes was red sticky yuck!

Iv also heard of a few storys of ppls dog coats are falling (month eatin) out on the fish one.. yet some dogs are doing so well on it..

Soon as I put my guys onto Nutro a week later their coats were back to silky smooth n soft just how they should be! It stoped all them being itchy and red,