• Never bitten
  3. 3. Have they bitten another animal?

• Snap, no bruise
    • Hard enough to bruise
    • Hard enough to break the skin
    • Hard enough to requre stitches
    • Fatal attack
    • Never bitten

Mine don't bite people. That is an unforgivable sin in this household.

2 of them will fight with each other, so they just aren't allowed together - problem solved.

None will instigate a fight with a strange dog, but if attacked may retaliate with suitable force to stop the attack. The oldest girl is more likley to wait for me to get the other dog off her actually - not so much the Labrador who WILL do damage to the attacking dog. The horse puppy is a sooky lala and is more likely to roll over and be submissive, but only small dogs have had a go at her to date, and she looks to me to stop them. Pickles makes this really bizarre strangled yappy barking when she's feeling threatened, so most other dogs tend to leave her alone - that, and the fact that she walks funny so they can't read her as well, seems to keep her from being attacked too.

T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got chomped hard enough by a Labrador I didn't know at the beach this morning.

First time in five years of carrying treats in my hand that some dog decided to eat my hand. I couldn't have even dropped the treats either. And he bit my hand twice - leaped up from behind and took my whole fist in his mouth and bit down. Didn't draw blood but I have bruises and it eFFn hurt! Grr.

Owners came and caught him and dragged him up the beach by the collar - they didn't even have a lead for him.

My dog has bitten once broke the skin and caused bleeding. He has never attacked another dog, but has killed rodents, lizards etc when we were out in the bush living. The bite was in his own home I thought no one was there and a nurse had entered the premises and he bit her on the ankle.