New Designer Breed

piperspal

You'd think anything with poo in it would deter those freakish sheep but no, poo is the new IN thing... Maybe I could start selling them cute poo (maybe with ribbons on it?) and thereby make a fortune of an otherwise smelly byproduct.. Hmmmm

NOT as cute as my pup.

Purebreed standard poodle.

post-6819-0-32275700-1385006861_thumb.jpg

For all those who don't know....

Pom poms on poodles are OPTIONAL.

The non-fluffy face is due to it being SHAVED (again, OPTIONAL).

Leave the hair on face longer for that "fluffier, teddy bear" look.

Another standard poodle (1950's style), with author John Steinbeck.

post-6819-0-11134900-1385007010_thumb.jpg

DO NOT buy an oodle for the "hairstyle".

You can have poodle fur however you like, too.

"Pet accessory" that says a lot to me about what these people think about Animals.. & no thats not a new breed, it takes years & years & years of breeding to get something that will breed its genes on..

thats just a crossbred, back in the day we used to call those mutts or mongrels, derogatory terms I know, theres nothing wrong with a crossbred, but to spout it as a new breed is ridiculous..

Ima gonna cross some poodles with some other poodles and market them as poopoo's coz people would rather shell out a gazillion for a PooPoo than one of those Poodles. Marketing magic! Imagine if I have brown puppies..... Designer purebreed chocolate poopoo puppies.....kaching :p

This is disgusting! But I had a good laugh at this post :p what about a pappypoo!? Haha sounds like it could sell ;-P

Ima gonna cross some poodles with some other poodles and market them as poopoo's coz people would rather shell out a gazillion for a PooPoo than one of those Poodles. Marketing magic! Imagine if I have brown puppies..... Designer purebreed chocolate poopoo puppies.....kaching :p

I loled at the mention of her 'offering' a choice of colour and two types of coat. As if she knows what the genetic olympic sized pool is going do :p

I wish you could comment on the article, just a simple "how do they know you won't combine the worst of each breed" would hopefully get a few people thinking.

Funny stuff. That blatant promotion is all about a cross bred Cavalier/Bichon/Poodle but the picture, as it states later in the blurb, is a pic of a Cavalier x Poodle. The good old BYB Cavoodle. What happened to the Bichon?? LOL.

You'd think if they're flogging a 3 breed cross they would show a pic of a 3 breed cross.

Forum rules:

No topics expressing dismay at the latest dogs you saw in a pet shop or

advertised in the paper or another web site.

Discussing it here will not make any difference to the ad or pet shop being in existence.

Selling dogs in a petshop is still legal (as is advertising on web sites/ newspapers).

If you believe there is a welfare issue, report the business to the appropriate authorities.

Edited by Ams

whilst on news.com.au they've also put up this article

http://www.kidspot.com.au/myspot-life-best-five-dog-breeds-for-families+3173+172+article.htm

and proudly proclaimed on a list of best dog breeds for families

Number two family breed: Cavoodle

also love how they have finally linked the genes that produce colour in labs to their attention spans

sad that being linked on a sydicated news site will result in better google hits if people are looking for good family dogs.

As I was reading it I was thinking, is it April 1st? What a joke, a lot of those statements were so far out that it was funny laugh.gif

sunny1shine, how very sad that "Cavoodle" made that list, but hey, I have 2 out of the 5 best family breeds in this household, win! And of course because it made a random blog post top 5, it must be true thumbsup1.gif :p

Edit: yep, quality publishing on that blog!

He adds that chocolate-coloured Labs can get a bit more distracted - so choose a golden Labrador if training is top of your list.
Edited by RubyStar