Fish Based Grain Free Foods

LisaCC

I'm looking at switching Nova (almost 7 month old male Aussie) to a grain free food as he's had increasingly itchy paws and now one has become infected due to it being damp (being treated). Talking with my Vet he agrees that it could be a grain allergy especially as we spent two weeks at my Mums house and the itching continued there.

I'm looking at foods I can readily buy in town, I checked them out today and saw Holistic Select Grain Free - Salmon and Anchovy - Adult and Puppy formula

I'd love to hear some experiences with this food or other recommendations. I've heard Canidae is great but it's not available here and shipping costs a fortune.

Edited by LisaCC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a bag of Holistic select about a month ago and it is still sitting here as none of my three dogs like it.

Gone back to Pro Plan as they love the Salmon flavour of this brand, it is put together for sensitive dogs, not that any of mine are sensitive they just love the flavour :laugh:

Not so. We've stocked the complete Earthborn Holistic range since it came out. Might be a bit far to travel for the OP though. :-)

Sags

Thanks all, I think I'll give the Grain free Earthborn a try first if I can find it.

If you have a local Pet Stock, I believe it's sold exclusively by them at the moment?

Guest hankodie

Lisa let me know how Nova goes with Earthborn if you do decide to try it. I'm going to try Hank on Canidae grain free first, Earthborn is next on my list if it doesn't work out :)

what about that Paws for Life, their shipping charges seem pretty reasonable and they were selling the HS $30 cheaper than what I bought the last bag for at PetBarn. I think I will order through them or the Natural Pet Store next time.

I use Holistic Select and love it. Very exxy though :(

Edited by Winterpaws

I just decided on a bag of the holistic select over the Earthborn. Simply because as Nova is still growing the protein levels seemed a bit too high for my liking in the Earthborn.

I'll update how we go.

Paws for life shipping to my postcode makes it just as expensive unfortunately.

That sux. I can't even find a map or anything on there. Have you tried adding something to the cart? The bit I read said as long as their courier delivers there, it will be ok, and it says their courier is australia post?! Weird...