Dog Nail Painting

gapvic

A question that is a bit odd - sorry! Does anyone know if there is a groomer in Victoria who does nail painting on dogs?

Kind regards,

Larissa

It's a big craze in the US for Poodles. You can buy the Polish yourself and do it...one toe at a time.

You can buy doggie nail polish and do it yourself. A tip is to push a piece of stocking over the foot until the nails pop through, so you only get paint on the nails and any wobbles go on then stocking not on the hair. Also if they are quite big nails you can use the human nail art stickers from the cheap shops.

Theres been a part of me that wants to paint Miah's for her 1st birthday party this coming Sat, but we dont have any places here that sells dog nail polish. Im going put some purple hair chalk through her ears tho laugh.gif

I saw some once ages ago in a dog boutique place and thought thats weird, now i wish i had bought some at the time lol

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

A lot of groomers are doing it now...personally I am not a fan so don't offer it. If you get it done or do it yourself please make sure you place more priority on short nails than just making them pretty.

Edited by Andisa

We are organising a ladies high tea for people who have adopted our greyhounds, and are looking at fun pampering options for both the humans and the dogs. While I'm not personally a fan of painted nails on dogs, I thought it would appeal to many of our adopters and would be a bit of fun on the day :) .

I've googled and am struggling to find a groomer in Melbourne who does it. We'd need someone to come along on the day.

I used to do my danes whenever I did my own, using the same polish. He seemed to enjoy the attention and didn't object to the smell. I guess if they don't like it they won't cooperate, and I wouldn't force a dog to do something so frivolous for my own entertainment.Pink toenails on a black male dane did cause comment though.

Is this for the Seymour area - I can ask in a groomers group if anyone would be able to help you out if you like.

Thanks everyone!

Andisa, I'm not sure the venue yet - it will either be here in Seymour or down in inner city Melbourne.