Puppy Help Please!

TrevX

Hi everyone, I have a roughly 12week old mini foxie x jack Russell female puppy, whom I bought with the understanding she was vacc.

But today she has been spewing, it was foamy & had some grass in it, so I wasn't sure if she ate some grass, but she has not been herself, sleeping most of the day & not running around like her crazy self. She has gagged a little after her first time. I just want to know the difference with oncoming parvo or if she could have just eaten something? Pls help this little girl means a lot to me ;( & I know parvo isn't a cheap process with most vets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest hankodie

There's really no way of telling what it might be, it could be a million different things. Please take her to the vet just to make sure she's OK and to ease your worries a bit.

A trip to the vet pronto is in order I would think. I wouldn't wait around too long ... little puppies can get very sick very very fast if there is a problem and it's not addressed. Better to be safe than sorry! Please post back after your vet visit to let us all know how she is doing.

With puppies .. a vomiting bout can mean all sorts of things - some serious. A vet check is the only way to help.

She should have a vacc certificate with dates and types of vaccination.

if you did not get this ..ask the person from whom you bought her . if they are not helpful.. then do NOT take pup anywhere outside the backyard ..and get her vaccinated when she is well!! ( it is a really bad plan to overload their immune system if they are ill) ( carry her in & out of the vets as well ... no standing on paths/floors )

Hope she's back to bouncing very soon :)

Better to be safe than sorry, it could be as simple as an upset tummy. If she was vaccinated she would be due for a booster soon, although if she is unwell the vet will not vaccinate her until she is better.

Even if she has had a vaccination it is likely she hasn't finished her puppy vaccinations and you should speak to a vet about that anyway, so why not take her for a check up and you can ask about what further puppy vaccs she needs, and find out about worming and heart worm and flea treatment etc while you are there. You will get peace of mind and proffessional advice about your puppies health care, and if it turns out she really is unwell, you will be in the right place. Babies can go down hill fast so please see the vet. Most do late afternoon and evening consultations so give them a call ASAP. Good luck.

Thanks for all your replies. I took her to the vet & she does have parvo. We've begun treatment :) hopefully my girl will pull through. Less Xmas presents for us this year but as long as I will have my little girl their :)

Thanks again

Oh No :( at least you got it very early .. and she is in the best place now . Thoughts sent for her uneventful recovery!!

The other horrible bit is all the stuff .. where have you taken her that she may have shed virus ? have you had doggie visitors ? You obviously need to contact the seller/breeder as well . :(

This thread is all about cleaning/disinfecting ...... I so wish you didn't need it :(

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/179377-parvocaronavirus/page__p__4046065__hl__%2Bparvo+%2Bcleaning+%2Bf10__fromsearch__1#entry4046065

I am so sorry to hear that it's parvo - but she is now getting the care that she needs. Hope she recovers ok. You need to let anyone who puppy has come into contact with know as it is my understanding that parvo can be brought into homes on the soles of shoes etc (not sure if that is entirely true, but better safe than sorry). Sending healing vibes xx

Thanks for all your replies. I took her to the vet & she does have parvo. We've begun treatment :) hopefully my girl will pull through. Less Xmas presents for us this year but as long as I will have my little girl their :)

Thanks again

Oh no, how terrible for you two! (And anyone else in the household!)

Keeping everything crossed here that she will make a speedy recovery! :(

Thanks again

When did you take her to the vet?

Guest donatella

Oh you poor thing!! Hope she recovers ok and glad she made it to the vet on time, keep us posted. Make sure you let the breeder know so they can tell the other buyers. Poor little tiny puppy :hug:

Thanks again

Roughly 5minutes after i wrote the post mate. As she was gagging again.

Called the vet the smorning she seems to be doing better :)

Taking both my big dogs in for their booster shots as well today. Thanks everyone for your kind words. Hopefully will see my little girl running around as her crazy self soon. :)

When did you take her to the vet?

Sorry I took her to the vet roughly 5minutes after I wrote the question up.

Getting both my big dogs their booster shots today when I go in to check up on her.

They said she's doing better so thanks everyone so much for your prayers & kind words. :)

Can't wait to have my little girl home & running around as her crazy self :)

Spent the day cleaning the house (again-as we lost a pup a few months ago to parvo as well) I couldn't have it happen again.

Guess will learn next time to make sure pups have all vacc records! I am an honest person & to be honest it wouldn't have bothered me if puppy was vacc when I bought her aslong as I knew ahead so I could get her her shots etc.

but oh well, some people aren't as honest or care about their animals as much as some. :(

fingers crossed she keeps improving :)

The vet has possibly mentioned it, but make sure you keep your other dogs away from other dogs, and off the street, and away from parks etc. as I believe they can shed the virus in their droppings even if they don't look unwell themselves. You may have to set up a bit of a quarantine at your place. Anyway, your vet should be able to advise how long you need to do this for.

Best of luck, I really hope she makes it home soon :)