Pekingese Breeder's Website (in Ohio, Us)

Guest Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

I was just looking at this Pekingese breeder's website. They are based in Ohio, USA. They have some great photos of the best-looking Pekingese I have ever seen.

http://www.mypekingese.com/

post-47381-0-88204100-1385397402_thumb.jpg

eta

The site plays music so you may want to turn off your audio.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Guest Maeby Fünke

Beautiful sweet dogs. I think I may have just found my 2nd favourite breed!

Yeah, they're lovely aren't they? And you can have their coats clipped short - I didn't know that.

I didn't realise they came in so many colours.

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that they have a payment button on the puppy page, stating "to make a non refundable $500 payment, click here"? Obviously without clicking the button I don't know if you first have to fill out a screening form or not - but I'd hazard a guess that you don't

Guest Maeby Fünke

I didn't realise they came in so many colours.

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that they have a payment button on the puppy page, stating "to make a non refundable $500 payment, click here"? Obviously without clicking the button I don't know if you first have to fill out a screening form or not - but I'd hazard a guess that you don't

Yes, I thought that was a bit odd. I've never seen that before.

Beautiful sweet dogs. I think I may have just found my 2nd favourite breed!

There is something of a tibbie 'look' or gaze, isn't there :)

Which is why there's often a question asked around rescue when the background of the dog is not known...."Is that a Tibbie or a Peke?'. Esky's been a great reference person over the years, re Pekes.

Have a look at this collection of p/b Tibbies & how some (specially towards the right) have a Peke-ish look. Click to enlarge:post-3304-0-78458800-1385562276_thumb.jpg

Tibbie breeders told me to spot the difference in their eyes & muzzles.

Pekes have round eyes, Tibbies' are almond-shaped. Pekes have folds on their muzzle, Tibbies don't.

Edited by mita

Here's a pic of Esky's collection of Pekes that she once posted on DOL. I've kept it squirreled away because they're so gorgeous & as a reference check when figuring if a rescue is Peke or Tibbie. Click to enlarge. Enjoy!

post-3304-0-56426300-1385593425_thumb.jpg