Pug / Rottie Breeders

silentchild

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed if all goes well they will be here before we know it, if not then the wait will be longer..

I have plenty more pics to show you if you like - including newborn puppies. I posted the above because they are at the best stage and ready for mischief :laugh:

C'mon little puggies!! We're waiting for you! No pressure. :laugh: I hope everything goes well with the breeding - have they been mated yet or are you just in the planning stages?

There's no such thing as too much pug and rottie photos. :D I would love to see as many pics as you'd like to post.

And I'm very sorry to hear about your Lizzy. :(

Yea I think I can feel a pug in my future. I never thought I'd go small dog but I also don't think I could meet the exercise needs of a large dog again.

One of my Pugs has just as much energy as a big dog. It's 9.30pm and she's still up playing ball in the hallway :laugh:

Silentchild - I love both breeds, had Rotties before the Pugs but won't be breeding another litter of Rotties, once my current dogs go to heaven that could be it for me. I am planning a Pug litter for early to mid next year, if you would like to stay in touch with me I am sure we could work something out for a play date or two :D .

(...)

Gorgeous photos! But I was curious, why will you not be breeding (or even keeping?) Rotts anymore? Are you just specializing in the one breed or are there other reasons? Sorry if this is a personal question, please disregard it in that case. As I said, just curious :)

No, that's fine. I just can't do what I want with the Rottweilers any more and feel it's not fair on them. I have injuries (back and shoulder are my worst) from when I was younger, now at almost 48 I am not up to the exercise they deserve. If I do have another one later on I would be after an ex show or breeding dog who would be happy for a more sedate life style. I was also put off the breeding side due to some very horrible puppy enquiries - I would rather not have another litter than have to deal with those types of people again. Also I find it easier and better for me to stick with the smaller breeds and Pugs stole my heart when I was just a kid. I grew up with and have always had large dogs so it's always possible I will have another Rottweiler down the track but he/she would need to be suitable for us. My current Rottweilers are now 9 and 5 yrs old.

This was taken earlier this year.

389197_624089080937463_1128848011_n.jpg

Oh no, how disappointing for you :( I have a funky knee that likes to randomly dislocate so I have a bit if an idea what it's like when your body won't do what you want, and I'm only 23!

I thought I'd read you say something about bad puppy inquiries before as well :( How terrible for them as a breed, too, to still have that stigma attached to them where losers want them for the wrong reasons :( I do hope they will eventually be able to get past this and become known for the great, versatile dogs they are, including family dogs! I always wanted one but since I have now found my heart breed (Weimaraners) I don't know if I will ever want another breed (apart from necessary farm working dogs, LGDs etc).

I'm sure we'd all love more puppy pictures (especially some more Rottweilers? ;) ).. It's not that I don't like pugs.. I just like Rottweilers better :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words about Lizzy, I shouldn't have mentioned her loss, it was sudden and we are still adjusting. I don't want to side track from the OP.

Silentchild, I am still researching a suitable mate, so fingers crossed all goes well - so make sure you stay in touch with me :)

Oh no, how disappointing for you :( I have a funky knee that likes to randomly dislocate so I have a bit if an idea what it's like when your body won't do what you want, and I'm only 23!

I thought I'd read you say something about bad puppy inquiries before as well :( How terrible for them as a breed, too, to still have that stigma attached to them where losers want them for the wrong reasons :( I do hope they will eventually be able to get past this and become known for the great, versatile dogs they are, including family dogs! I always wanted one but since I have now found my heart breed (Weimaraners) I don't know if I will ever want another breed (apart from necessary farm working dogs, LGDs etc).

I'm sure we'd all love more puppy pictures (especially some more Rottweilers? ;) ).. It's not that I don't like pugs.. I just like Rottweilers better :laugh:

Here's one for you :D

406520_376849378994769_1420148208_n.jpg

eta: Actually the worst puppy enquiry was for this dog when he was 5 months old, some prick tried to buy him after he told me he was going to hack off his tail and lock him in a yard where no one would see him. It wasn't the only horrible enquiry I had but it was the ugliest one because he contacted me for 3 days trying to convince me to sell him - pushing for a sale and offering more cash in hand, he was told to where to shove it and if he called back again I would go to the police.

Edited by Andisa

Aw how beautiful!

But OMG unbelievable! Did that guy really think you would part with the dog after he told you what he was going to do with him? He must not have thought anything wrong with that kind of treatment if he was so upfront about it! And chopping the tail off a 5 month old dog :eek: :eek:

It certainly makes me concerned for the future of the breed if breeders have to deal with this kind of garbage. Nobody would have the heart for it for long after finding out what might happen to their puppies if they are ever sold on or otherwise end up in the wrong hands :( :( Some people would be a lot more sneaky about acquiring them than this guy you are talking about :cry:

Aw how beautiful!

But OMG unbelievable! Did that guy really think you would part with the dog after he told you what he was going to do with him? He must not have thought anything wrong with that kind of treatment if he was so upfront about it! And chopping the tail off a 5 month old dog :eek: :eek:

It certainly makes me concerned for the future of the breed if breeders have to deal with this kind of garbage. Nobody would have the heart for it for long after finding out what might happen to their puppies if they are ever sold on or otherwise end up in the wrong hands :( :( Some people would be a lot more sneaky about acquiring them than this guy you are talking about :cry:

He started off like any normal enquiry but I didn't like something he said so I had to suck him in a bit more finding out what he was after...didn't take long but I wasn't expecting his full intentions. It still sickens me to this day.. :mad

Yea I think I can feel a pug in my future. I never thought I'd go small dog but I also don't think I could meet the exercise needs of a large dog again.

My Pug is hands down the most energetic dog Ive ever had. And I've had Staffords and Rotties! Don't be lulled in to thinking you are getting an easy house dog :laugh: Alvin is three and not showing any signs of slowing down. He scares me - he's mental :laugh:

My Pug is hands down the most energetic dog Ive ever had. And I've had Staffords and Rotties! Don't be lulled in to thinking you are getting an easy house dog :laugh: Alvin is three and not showing any signs of slowing down. He scares me - he's mental :laugh:

I agree Clyde - Pugs are great little dogs but have to admit my Rottweilers are easier to live with :rofl: