Uploading Photos

Tintin Jac

Yes, I know I've been around for a while but I'll be darned if I can remember how to upload photos from Photobucket OR find one of the dozens of threads which explains how to do it.

Can someone please help? I've uploaded some photos but when you click on them, instead of enlarging them, it takes you to the Photobucket site.

:o

I use tinypic.com since you don't need an account.

TinyPic and Photobucket are both owned by the same people, only difference is account related.

Since TinyPic doesn't need an account, you may lose your photos after you upload them unless you save the Image URL somewhere.

Anyway!

With tinypic.com, you click the 'Choose File' button, select your photo and wait for it to be uploaded.

fCvpu6a.png

Once it's all uploaded, the page will automatically direct you to something like this(the image below). For forums/websites such as this one, all you need to do it highlight the IMG Code for Forums(same one as highlighted in the image below) and paste it into a post.

mWRPJXn.png

With Photobucket it's pretty much the same thing although you do need an account then just press this big upload button. Once it's uploaded it'll automatically direct you to your albums, just click your image you just uploaded and copy-paste the same IMG Code as explained above.

qhr1YWR.png

I hope this is what you meant haha sorry if not!

Edited by Raksha

Thanks Raksha :)

I have a PB account and have tried what you said but it still doesn't seem to be working. If you click on a photo I've uploaded, instead of enlarging it, it takes you to the PB site. Maybe that doesn't happen when other people click on it?

Oh, and :welcome:

No, the albums are public. The photos can be seen here but they seem to be displaying differently to other peoples photos. Usually on here if the photo is small (thumbnail), you can view a bigger version by clicking on it. If I click on mine, I get taken to the PB site.

EG

th_IMG_6691_zps73b2ed82.jpg

OK - I think you have the thumbnail options set in your Links To Share settings...then when clicked, it takes you to the PB site link for your full sized pic.

I have mine set to only the full sized pic - so that's what gets presented here...

example...

26-01-2013-harper-rex076.jpg

What I have done is changed the settings in my Links To Share options - the only one I have ticked is IMG code... to get the photos to display larger here, at the very least you untick IMG Thumb.

Under the Links To Share bit, you should see Update Link Options - change the settings there...

Hope this helps...

T.

Edited by tdierikx

• 1 month later...

Thanks heaps T.

It's been a while but I'm just getting back to this now. I've made all the changes you suggested...I didn't even know those options were there :o

So, here's a test... IMG_6982_zpsc677ac95.jpg

Edited by Tintin Jac