2014 Training Goals

I'm hoping 2014 is our year!

Cleo (Edinglen New Sensation)

-I really want some titles before and after her name! so far we have an ET

-Do the endurance test (note: buy a bike that WON'T break after 3 rides) did it! Bloody coldest day of my life

-Join the agility club and get started with that

-Finish off her neuter title (6/100 points) so far we've added about 30 points to our tally

Nala (Neilros Jaznala)

-do the puppy class with the obedience club only got to do about 3 weeks as little miss had her season right in the middle

-get some points in the show ring! (wont happen until April when she's 6 months old boo) we have like 28-ish points now!

-have a ton of fun with my gorgeous baby!and continuing to do so!

we've also started agility with Nala, just basic stuff but she's showing a lot of drive (compared to Cleo) and loves it. Especially the tunnel.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to get to the stage of entering both mine and Nova's first ever Obedience Trail and get close with Agility!

Maybe do a few more shows too.

Does a mock obedience trial count? We went super well in that today and would of been a pass if it was real biggrin.gif Looking at entering some now.

Getting better with our Agility training, but he won't be 18months until November so we might have to put agility trials into next years goals.

Doing some shows this weekend and a few more entered.

Edited by LisaCC

Nova

Ch. Ximinez Driver Reviver AFCH

Get his RN (only one pass needed, no rush as he won't be doing higher levels)

Start tracking

Give tunnelers in Nadac a whirl

Enter enough shows to get his neuter championship

Darcy

Ch. Magpielane Rebel Wind RA FM

RE....get a few passes towards his RAE

Have a go at NADAC

Start tracking

Get a 0.000 start in flyball! (always get so so close :p)

Remain fit and healthy

Jovi

Ch. Sherbrooke Living On A Prayer ADX JDX GD RA FM

Jovi has one goal this year, to have a safe uncomplicated pregnancy and birth of at least one girl puppy thank you :p

I will probably end up accomplishing nothing in regards to the boys as, if all going according to plan Jovi will take up alot of time and money from March onwards :laugh: Spoilt little bitch :p

----------

Well puppies didn't happen for us unfortunately, so that's next years goal :)

So Darcy and Jovi will be going for their flyball master excellent FMX title and I am going to hopefully get Masters titles in agility on Jovi. May have another go at rally if there is time, pretty busy few months coming up with agility and flyball!

That's pretty much it :)

• 1 month later...
1391927191[/url]' post='6416627']

Waldo & I have one more CD pass to get and then on to CDX.

Our goals are:

get our CD

get our CDX

might do some legs towards RAE

MAIN GOAL IS NO MORE MEDIOCRE TRAINING!

We have both CD and CDX but no RAE.

I am very pleased with the way we have trained though!

Just got Rory's 5th title certificate for the year - RAE4. So although I didn't set specific goals, the little big man has achieved

Jumping Dog

Rally Advanced Excellent 3

Freestyle Novice

Track & Search Dog

Rally Advanced Excellent 4

with two more weekends of trialling to go - Rally/Obedience, and Agility. While some more Qs would be nice, I'm really pleased with what he's achieved so far.

And the senior citizen Miss Kirra, who turned 12 at the end of February, finished her JDO6, is half way to RAE2 - heaven knows how - and we may not get much further with Rally :D - and has picked up Qs in Excellent Gamblers, Masters Agility, Track and Search (urban) and Novice Freestyle. Best of all, she's still fit and (with permission from her vets) enjoying her outings at trials, although I'm cutting down on her entries. (Don't tell her though :) .)

1416540672[/url]' post='6597750']

Just got Rory's 5th title certificate for the year - RAE4. So although I didn't set specific goals, the little big man has achieved

Jumping Dog

Freestyle Novice

Track & Search Dog

with two more weekends of trialling to go - Rally/Obedience, and Agility. While some more Qs would be nice, I'm really pleased with what he's achieved so far.

And the senior citizen Miss Kirra, who turned 12 at the end of February, finished her JDO6, is half way to RAE2 - heaven knows how - and we may not get much further with Rally :D - and has picked up Qs in Excellent Gamblers, Masters Agility, Track and Search (urban) and Novice Freestyle. Best of all, she's still fit and (with permission from her vets) enjoying her outings at trials, although I'm cutting down on her entries. (Don't tell her though :) .)

Wow! Great work. What a great example of a senior dog doing so well! I am in awe of people who train multiple dogs.

Hmm,quite a few for my two this year.

Shandy (CH Milnholm Carnival Queen DWDFN HTMN RE CD)

Now that her jaw seems to be properly heeled, we're going to give Open a whirl, and I'd like to finish that title (CDX) and get her RAE finished this year too. I'm also aiming to finish at least one of her DWD Intermediate titles this year.

Zimri (Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI))

At 14 months, he's ready to start competing. We're aiming to finish his conformation championship this year, and get it out of the way- almost halfway there. We'll probably start with Rally soon (RN done), and I think his RA (one pass down, two to go)is quite realistic this year, providing we get to enough trials. I'd like his CCD title (one pass down, and close to ready for CD in training), and at least a start on his CD. We should be able to get both his DWD starters titles as well (two heelwork passes, should finish these easily). If we can squeeze it in, and if he keeps progressing the way he is, we may try for some agility in there, so let's tack a JD on the wishlist as well.

I'd also love to try some herding with him :D

Wow, I think finding the time for all these competitions may be the hard part!

After losing Shandy tragically at the start of the year, Zim has started competition well, and we're making good progress on our wishlist, with RN down, one CCD pass, and two DWD Heelwork to Music passes. Little Miss Inari has joined us, and at 5 months, is showing plenty of promise. Aiming for her to be close to competition ready by the end of the year, maybe some rally under her belt if there are some late trials.

Zim's RA is done, his Heelwork to Music Starters Title is done, and he has two Rally Excellent, two CCD, two DWD Freestyle Starters and one Strategic Pairs agility pass.I'm really pleased with the way he is working, and we'll have a few titles to finish next year. Inari will also start trialling next year, and I should finish my DWD judges training.

1416725589[/url]' post='6598852']
1401797138[/url]' post='6496762']
1386157926[/url]' post='6362519']

Now that her jaw seems to be properly heeled, we're going to give Open a whirl, and I'd like to finish that title (CDX) and get her RAE finished this year too. I'm also aiming to finish at least one of her DWD Intermediate titles this year.

At 14 months, he's ready to start competing. We're aiming to finish his conformation championship this year, and get it out of the way- almost halfway there. We'll probably start with Rally soon (RN done), and I think his RA (one pass down, two to go)is quite realistic this year, providing we get to enough trials. I'd like his CCD title (one pass down, and close to ready for CD in training), and at least a start on his CD. We should be able to get both his DWD starters titles as well (two heelwork passes, should finish these easily). If we can squeeze it in, and if he keeps progressing the way he is, we may try for some agility in there, so let's tack a JD on the wishlist as well.

After losing Shandy tragically at the start of the year, Zim has started competition well, and we're making good progress on our wishlist, with RN down, one CCD pass, and two DWD Heelwork to Music passes. Little Miss Inari has joined us, and at 5 months, is showing plenty of promise. Aiming for her to be close to competition ready by the end of the year, maybe some rally under her belt if there are some late trials.

Zim's RA is done, his Heelwork to Music Starters Title is done, and he has two Rally Excellent, two CCD, two DWD Freestyle Starters and one Strategic Pairs agility pass.I'm really pleased with the way he is working, and we'll have a few titles to finish next year. Inari will also start trialling next year, and I should finish my DWD judges training.

Wow considering the year you have had that is a tremendous effort. Well done!

Love the multi-discipline dogs - great results for Zim and you. :thumbsup:

Jumping Dog

Freestyle Novice

Track & Search Dog

So now I can add Rory's AD title to his list - and a happy weekend with 4 runs on Saturday and 4 on Sunday for the senior citizen - no Qs for Team Geri(atric), but happy running - and a couple of very near misses.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend of trialling is over for 2014 so thought I would update this.

My trialling year was practically non-existent, I just got way too busy to train or trial. After this weekend of obedience and agility, I found how much I missed it! Hate that the only time I'm really free to train/trial is over the summer break when everything shuts down too!

That being said, here is what we did manage to achieve in our short trialling year :)

RUBY

* A pass in UD obedience would be glorious!!!! I won't hold my breath, though crazy.gif<-- CAME VERY CLOSE! WE WILL CRACK IT ONE DAY!

* Might step up the agility training with her again and go all out and aim for ADX and JDM titles. We'll see laugh.gif<-- ONE MORE OF EACH TO GO!

MILLIE

* Let's go for broke - ADX and JDM titles! Been aiming for that ADX for a while now, it's seeming like a big ask! <-- ADX ACHIEVED! FINALLY!!

PIPPA

* AD and JDX titles <-- CHECK AND CHECK!! SHE'S ALSO PAST THE HALFWAY MARK NOW FOR JDM. ALSO GAINED WA STATE CHAMPION (300) OF NOVICE AGILITY AND EXCELLENT JUMPING thumbsup1.gif

* CD title if I ever decide to enter her into obedience for real! <-- DIDN'T ENTER ANY

* Might give Rally-O a crack and aim for RN as well <-- DIDN'T ENTER ANY

A relatively short "wishlist" for 2014 compared to other years, but still a big ask of the kids. Most of all, keep having fun and stay healthy :)

• 9 months later...

Bojak Bindi Dreaming AKA "Bindi" ADX JDX ADO2 JDO GDX SPD SD am hoping in 2014 to get her

ADM,

JDM,

ADO3 &

ADO4,

SPDX

To do this I have to train her to want to work faster...so that is my goal...a more enthusiastic Bindi. :thumbsup:

Dunwurkn Howz That AKA "Cricket" JD GD SPD I am hoping for

AD then ADX,

JDX,

SPDX,

SD,

ADO,

JDO &

GDX.

To do this I have to get his flying contacts under control...so that is my aim with him :)

:thumbsup: Finally, Bindi & I have managed our Masters Agility title :thumbsup: But it has been a long battle & I think she has worn out my wick :eek: Thinking very seriously of retiring her :( I am getting too loud on course & it is not a good look & I hate myself afterwards to the point of tears. She was on a role yesterday & I had her working nicely with me & about to run an absolutely beautiful course & my OH just suddenly turned up to watch. The result was not pretty & I withdrew her off the course after just a few obstacles. I apologised later to the judge when he wasn't busy, but it was all too much for me & I really considered giving up on agility there & then :cry:

This weekend's trial was the last for us this season & what a one to go out on :thumbsup: I had some fabulous runs with my guys & even Little Miss Slowcoach (AKA Bindi) had a ball & came 8th in Open Agility to give her, her ADO3 Title. Wildchild (AKA Cricket) was so much fun to run & yesterday got his Novice Agility Title with 32 seconds to spare. And just to show that it wasn't a fluke, he got an extra AD Q today with first place & 30 seconds to spare. :)

Just had our last trial for 2015...Bindi gained her SPDX title & her ADO4 title. :thumbsup: She is still struggling with making the time for JDM.

Cricket is still a wild child in trials & only got his JDX title, he is sitting on JDO & GDX