2014 Training Goals

:thumbsup: CaseyKay - sounds like you and your dogs are off to an absolute flier!!! :cheer: How cool is it that you're having to add new goals already. And a new BC puppy - we'll all enjoy that :)

Thanks, as well as competing with Gael and Scout I am having fun doing puppy research and making a list of potential male BC names :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xena

Continue trialling her and keep her fit. So far so good. She's continuing to surprise me with her strength and fitness. I had forgotten how dog she actually used to be! Not in agility terms, but her general strength, athleticism and fitness. Keep the fun in what we do and NOT focus on our results.BIG TICK. I've never had so much fun with her.

In the process it would be nice ad add X's to all her 'D' agility titles and get her ADO and JDM. Getting there - adding a couple of Q's in most trials, but we still don't do many ANKC trials.

Just keep running her in ADAA events and keep working towards her Gamblers and Snooker titles. (7 passes for each - not easy when you use them towards games dog and Masters titles.) TICK WIP

Perhaps enter a couple of herding trials as well. :)

CK

Just have fun with my boy and keep teaching him new tricks/keep him happy in the agility ring. WOW WOW WOW......we've never had so much fun as we have in the last 3 trials. As a result we've had some fantastic results. Go figure. He's happier and bouncier at home than I've EVER seen him.

Wikki

Continue to build drive and keep it fun for her. Again, not focus on results, but focus on the journey and let the results come as they will.

If that works out she'll have her ADAA Champion title by the end of the year and be running like I know she can - FAST! (We only need three more Q's.) It's coming - every trial is better than the one before. YAY. Really tricky courses are still hard/slow, but we are making massive progress.

Me........

Start off a new puppy without expectations and just create fun for the puppy. Breeding chosen. Waiting, waiting waiting......... Build on the buckets of natural drive the puppy will have.

Put in a good showing at the IFCS WAC in the Netherlands and have some fun in the states on the way. :) Approved to run the dog I wanted to. Now just need to get there!

• 2 months later...

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX JD RN

Agility

Win a novice class

Get a clear round in intermediate

Get in top 5 placings in intermediate

Win out of Jumpers B (0/3 wins gained) and earn JDX title

Earn AD title (1/2 passes gained)

Obedience

Win out of special beginners (0/2 wins gained)

Win a novice class

Earn CDX silver title

Rally

Earn RA title (2/3 passes gained)

Tracking & working trials

Graduate into level 2 tracking(2/2 passes gained)

Earn 2x UDX passes (1/2 gained)

Teach soiled area search

Improve sendaway & redirect

Trial at WD level, a WD or WDX pass would be a bonus!

For me

New puppy maybe?? :D

Edited by DiscoDobe

mmm Cant find my training goals but anyway there is one definitely crossed of and that was getting my Grand Champion. We are now working our way through Rally with both of my dogs. We are now going through RAE first try is this sunday. MMM nice puppy would be nice as well lol

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX JD RN

Agility

Win a novice class

Earn AD title (1/2 passes gained)

Obedience

Win out of special beginners (0/2 wins gained)

Win a novice class

Earn CDX silver title

Rally

Earn RA title (2/3 passes gained)

Earn 2x UDX passes (2/2 gained)

Teach soiled area search

For me

:thumbsup: woohoo 2nd UDX pass done & dusted! Now on to WD!

• 2 weeks later...

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX AD JD RA

Agility

Win a novice class

Earn AD title (2/2 passes gained)

Obedience

Win out of special beginners (0/2 wins gained) (3 wins in the weekend but short on points!)

Win a novice class

Earn CDX silver title (we have CD silver, but no excellent!)

Rally

Earn RA title (3/3 passes gained)

Earn 2x UDX passes (2/2 gained)

Teach soiled area search

For me

Edited by DiscoDobe

Hmm,quite a few for my two this year.

Shandy (CH Milnholm Carnival Queen DWDFN HTMN RE CD)

Now that her jaw seems to be properly heeled, we're going to give Open a whirl, and I'd like to finish that title (CDX) and get her RAE finished this year too. I'm also aiming to finish at least one of her DWD Intermediate titles this year.

Zimri (Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI))

At 14 months, he's ready to start competing. We're aiming to finish his conformation championship this year, and get it out of the way- almost halfway there. We'll probably start with Rally soon (RN done), and I think his RA (one pass down, two to go)is quite realistic this year, providing we get to enough trials. I'd like his CCD title (one pass down, and close to ready for CD in training), and at least a start on his CD. We should be able to get both his DWD starters titles as well (two heelwork passes, should finish these easily). If we can squeeze it in, and if he keeps progressing the way he is, we may try for some agility in there, so let's tack a JD on the wishlist as well.

I'd also love to try some herding with him :D

Wow, I think finding the time for all these competitions may be the hard part!

After losing Shandy tragically at the start of the year, Zim has started competition well, and we're making good progress on our wishlist, with RN down, one CCD pass, and two DWD Heelwork to Music passes. Little Miss Inari has joined us, and at 5 months, is showing plenty of promise. Aiming for her to be close to competition ready by the end of the year, maybe some rally under her belt if there are some late trials.

I'm going to aim high again for 2014 and hope that we get maybe one or two of the things I aim for!!!

Kenzie...

Do the Endurance Test.

Get her HTM.N and her DWDF.S and maybe DWDF.N

Get her herding instinct test and see if I can have her ready to do HT (she still needs a lot of confidence building).

Trial her in Rally Advanced

Look at CCD (again! We tried once and we didn't like it, we might go back for another go!)

Hamish

Continue with our Conformation, get him some more points, improve my handling skills with him to help him do better in the show ring!

Do the Endurance Test

Get him started in DWD - maybe we'll try for his DWDF.S and HTM.S

Herding - We're going to try everything!!! Ideally I'd like him to get his instict test and HT in the first half of the year and try for his PT in the second half of the year. I think he has it in him to do this!

Maybe look at putting in to some Rally or Obedience, we'll see if I get around to doing some work with him!!

Hmm, I might need to find some time and money to make all this happen!!!!

This is my mid-year review!!

So, Kenzie...

So far this year she has obtained her FS.S (previously known as DWDF.S), we trialled in dancing at the BC nationals and then managed to get another 2 passes at our next trial after that so she got that title!! She's also gotten her herding instinct test and also her Herding Test title. And then this weekend just gone she got her final passes in Rally Advanced, so she got that title!!

The reviewed training plan for Kenz...

*start training for PT (herding)

*try to be ready for CCD (we tried it at the BC Nats but apparently sit-stays aren't really part of our routine!)

*ET, I really want to do it!!! Maybe we will start training if I can find a location and then we just need to do it!!

Hamish...

Well he got his herding instinct test, Herding Test and also Pre-Trial test. Proud of my little herding boy!!! Oh and we picked up a few more points at a conformation show.

Training plans...

*continue herding.

*start ET training

*do more work on things like obedience

Mid year Update

Ohutu Gaelic Blues CDX UDX WDX AD JDX RE

Gael: 4 year old Border collie

CRC in Jumpers A:

CRC in Senior Agility:

Agility CC

Jumpers CC

AD title Finally!!

ADX title

2nd WDX...proving elusive, next attempt in November

Teach Hard Surface tracking for TD...not started

CDX-Silver title...haven't tried this one yet

RE title now start trying for RAE but not a 2014 goal at the rate we get to rally shows!

Eclaireur du Montier QC RN

Scout: 2 year old French Brittany

RA title (2/3)

10 CRC in Jumpers C (3/10)

Pass NZ Versatile Hunting Dog Test Association's Intermediate Test (w husband)..looks like first and only attempt is in November as need to be under 3 years old, fingers crossed isn't on heat

QC title (w husband)

Get above 75 points in Champ Pointer/Setter trial(w husband)

Field Trial Champion, let's dream big (1/6 CC gained)

For me:

Maybe a new BC puppy late in 2014?

Edited by CaseyKay

:thumbsup: CaseyKay - look at all those goals being achieved!

Know what you mean about RAE - it's a long (and expensive) haul - but fun. We occasionally have a triple Rally trial, which helps.

We are going to have a bit of an easy (cheap!) year this year in regards to trialling but I have a few goals;

Nova

Ch. Ximinez Driver Reviver AFCH

Get his RN (only one pass needed, no rush as he won't be doing higher levels)

Start tracking

Give tunnelers in Nadac a whirl

Enter enough shows to get his neuter championship

Darcy

Ch. Magpielane Rebel Wind RA FM

RE....get a few passes towards his RAE

Have a go at NADAC

Start tracking

Get a 0.000 start in flyball! (always get so so close :p)

Remain fit and healthy

Jovi

Ch. Sherbrooke Living On A Prayer ADX JDX GD RA FM

Jovi has one goal this year, to have a safe uncomplicated pregnancy and birth of at least one girl puppy thank you :p

I will probably end up accomplishing nothing in regards to the boys as, if all going according to plan Jovi will take up alot of time and money from March onwards :laugh: Spoilt little bitch :p

----------

True to form, I haven't accomplished any of my goals yet :laugh: Though Darcy has remained fit and healthy, and I fluked a 0.000 start in flyball with Jovi again not Darcy :( :laugh:

Jovi ended up coming into season over a month earlier then anticipated after being so predictable so her litter has been pushed back until next season which now will apparantly be anywhere from July to September!

Mid year & I need to make some adjustments :)

I'm enjoying sheepwork so much that I've put agility on hold...and...we have an unplanned new addition...

Every year I regret not setting goals in these threads, so here goes :)

Pep

Although she has a couple of jumping passes, I've not trained or trialled her myself, so...

Build her drive up for agility she's loving using a ball as her reward & flying!

Teach her contacts not yet

Get her into the ring happy :) we've only entered one run, but she was super happy :)

Fly Agility. ON HOLD

Keep all the enthusiasm she currently has.

Teach her to turn at speed laugh.gif

AD, JD, SPD, SD, GD

Fly Sheep

Teach her to walk to the peg like a sheepdog, not an agility dog embarrass.gifgetting there

Get her casting in trials like she does in the paddock at training beautiful casts at the last trial

Sharpen up her off balance sides. Looking good

A couple of scores & a pen or 2 we've trialled twice this year & got to the pen, but ran out of time to close it

Lass Agility ON HOLD

Teach her to weave properly

Some distance training

AD, JDX, SPD, SD, GD

Lass Sheep

Strengthen her walk up getting there

Make a Novice final. We made the encourage final at the last trial :)

Give me a baby sheepdog just as perfect as she is. Will be early 2015 now

Trim

Keep her fit & healthy

Start her retirement (hopefully without pissing her off too much)

Zep 6month old working BC

Start his sheep training, going well so far :)

Me

Spend some more training training my own dogs trying my hardest

Edited by Vickie

So sad that you lost your Shandy, CC - always hard. But congratulations on your achievements with Zim :thumbsup: - and looking forward to hearing more about your new little one. :D

Thanks Tassie; it was very unexpected.

Zim is so much fun to train and work with, and I think Inari is going to be the same.

It's so much fun to see how everyone's dogs are going so far this year!

:thumbsup: CaseyKay - look at all those goals being achieved!

Know what you mean about RAE - it's a long (and expensive) haul - but fun. We occasionally have a triple Rally trial, which helps.

Something I have noticed some clubs do here which I appreciate. A rally entry for an outdoors trial is generally $7. But at some clubs if you enter Adv B and Exc B at the same trial they charge a combined entry of $10. Our first go in Exc B is a quad in July so instead of $56 it is $40 for Gael's entries. We need to get 100 to qualify in Excellent here in New Zealand and 95 in Advanced. I think it was set up by serious obedience people because it is HARD to not make one mistake over a whole course. Not one delayed response to a "sit" command even! That is how we got 99 at her last one...but she is a lovely hard-working wee dog, and took 3 of 6 attempts to get 100 for her RE so at that rate I need to get to at least 20 rally shows :eek: And that is just dog errors not stupid handler errors! But there are quite a few in Exc A who have been in it a while and are yet to earn a qual cert. Exc B is not a large class, maybe 5 or 6 dogs locally. Most of them have been in it a year or so and have RAE.