2014 Training Goals

:eek: CK ... 100 to qualify in Excellent - that is hard!!... As you say - only takes a delayed sit, or a moment's inattention. My boy is a pretty good Rally dog, but we've only got 2 100s in our career, I think - some 99 and 98 - usually around 96 - mostly because his mother makes mistakes LOL. I must say, I think it's good to aim for perfection, but I think requiring it could be quite a downer for the sport.

I do like the idea of reduced entry fees for the second class in the pair. I think there are a few clubs here doing that. Certainly makes trialling a bit ore affordable, especially if you have 2 dogs doing RAE.

Best of luck to you in your upcoming quad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RUBY

* A pass in UD obedience would be glorious!!!! I won't hold my breath, though crazy.gif

* Might step up the agility training with her again and go all out and aim for ADX and JDM titles. We'll see laugh.gif

MILLIE

* Let's go for broke - ADX and JDM titles! Been aiming for that ADX for a while now, it's seeming like a big ask!

ADX title, check!!!

PIPPA

* AD and JDX titles

* CD title if I ever decide to enter her into obedience for real!

* Might give Rally-O a crack and aim for RN as well

AD and JDX titles, check!!!

A relatively short "wishlist" for 2014 compared to other years, but still a big ask of the kids. Most of all, keep having fun and stay healthy :)

I haven't done any obedience trialling this year, and very little training too due to lack of time, so the obedience and rally goals are sitting on the shelf for now.

Edited by RubyStar

• 1 month later...

Bojak Bindi Dreaming AKA "Bindi" ADX JDX ADO2 JDO GDX SPD SD am hoping in 2014 to get her

ADM,

JDM,

ADO3 &

ADO4,

SPDX

To do this I have to train her to want to work faster...so that is my goal...a more enthusiastic Bindi. :thumbsup:

Dunwurkn Howz That AKA "Cricket" JD GD SPD I am hoping for

AD then ADX,

JDX,

SPDX,

SD,

ADO,

JDO &

GDX.

To do this I have to get his flying contacts under control...so that is my aim with him :)

:thumbsup: Finally, Bindi & I have managed our Masters Agility title :thumbsup: But it has been a long battle & I think she has worn out my wick :eek: Thinking very seriously of retiring her :( I am getting too loud on course & it is not a good look & I hate myself afterwards to the point of tears. She was on a role yesterday & I had her working nicely with me & about to run an absolutely beautiful course & my OH just suddenly turned up to watch. The result was not pretty & I withdrew her off the course after just a few obstacles. I apologised later to the judge when he wasn't busy, but it was all too much for me & I really considered giving up on agility there & then :cry:

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX AD JD RA

Agility

Win a novice class

Win into senior at champ show level (1/3 wins gained)

Get a clear round in intermediate

Get in top 5 placings in intermediate

Win out of Jumpers B (1/3 wins gained) and earn JDX title

Earn AD title

Earn ADX title (3/4 passes gained)

Obedience

Win out of special beginners (0/2 wins gained)

Win a novice class

Earn CDX silver title

Rally

Earn RA title (3/3 passes gained)

Tracking & working trials

Graduate into level 2 tracking(2/2 passes gained)

Earn 2x UDX passes (2/2 gained)

Earn a TT2 pass

Trial at WD level, a WD or WDX pass would be a bonus!

For me

New puppy maybe?? :D

Edited by DiscoDobe

Bit late to the party but since I'm finally trialling again, thought I'd add my goals :)

~Jess

ADM title

JDO title

ADO passes

Re-train start line stay :o

Less than half the year to complete them.. Let's see how that works out :laugh:

Lass Sheep

Make a Novice final. We made the encourage final at the last trial :)

We came SUPER close on the weekend!!!

Got to the pen, but the sheep came out, put them back in & ended up 6th out of 90 odd dogs, 3 points & one spot off making the final smile.gifGot 3rd in the Encourage tho :)

Edited by Vickie

Bojak Bindi Dreaming AKA "Bindi" ADX JDX ADO2 JDO GDX SPD SD am hoping in 2014 to get her

ADM,

JDM,

ADO3 &

ADO4,

SPDX

To do this I have to train her to want to work faster...so that is my goal...a more enthusiastic Bindi. :thumbsup:

AD then ADX,

JDX,

SPDX,

SD,

ADO,

JDO &

GDX.

To do this I have to get his flying contacts under control...so that is my aim with him :)

:thumbsup: Finally, Bindi & I have managed our Masters Agility title :thumbsup: But it has been a long battle & I think she has worn out my wick :eek: Thinking very seriously of retiring her :( I am getting too loud on course & it is not a good look & I hate myself afterwards to the point of tears. She was on a role yesterday & I had her working nicely with me & about to run an absolutely beautiful course & my OH just suddenly turned up to watch. The result was not pretty & I withdrew her off the course after just a few obstacles. I apologised later to the judge when he wasn't busy, but it was all too much for me & I really considered giving up on agility there & then :cry:

I only have one trial left, which is in September. I am hoping for ADO3 for Bindi & I have been deliberately holding Cricket back, so he stays in Novice Agility longer....but I think this trial I might "go for it". It would be nice for him to get his Novice Agility Title this year. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Spring Update

Ohutu Gaelic Blues CDX UDX WDX AD JDX RE

Gael: 5 year old Border collie

CRC in Jumpers A:

CRC in Senior Agility:

Agility CC

Jumpers CC

AD title

ADX title...needs one more clear round

2nd WDX...proving elusive, next attempt in November

Teach Hard Surface tracking for TD...not started

CDX-Silver title...haven't tried this one yet

RE title now start trying for RAE but not a 2014 goal at the rate we get to rally shows!

Eclaireur du Montier RA QC

Scout: 2 year old French Brittany

RA title

10 CRC in Jumpers C

Pass NZ Versatile Hunting Dog Test Association's Intermediate Test (w husband)..looks like first and only attempt is in November as need to be under 3 years old, fingers crossed isn't on heat

QC title (w husband)

Get above 75 points in Champ Pointer/Setter trial(w husband)

Field Trial Champion, let's dream big (1/6 CC gained)

For me:

Maybe a new BC puppy late in 2014?

Gael's nephew, KEP (aka: Ohutu Kepler's Mission), arrived home in August 2014 :)

Time for an update for my goals too!

I only just got my new Aussie in the second half of 2013, so 2013 was all about building relationships and learning to work together.

For 2014, my goals for Breeze are:

Obedience - get our CCD title! This is my main focus for 2014.

This might be on hold for a while now, maybe next year?

Rally - Start working towards Rally Advanced and hopefully enter a trial or two.

DONE!! Rally Advanced Title obtained!!! :thumbsup:

DWD - Start trialling, looking to get our HTM Novice and/or Freestyle Starters title. More trick training too.

Oh dear, this might be on hold too. Was going to start trialling in November but have to postpone due to personal circumstances. Trick training going along very nicely though.

General - Build up more of her confidence and socialization with strangers.

Coming along nicely.

I'm still a newbie trialler so no rush for me. :)

Me: get my act together, sharpen my handling, deal with my nerves and get back into the ring!

Note how what I know I need to work on, is me, not the dog (she's pretty good) :laugh:

I am really happy with how I have improved as a handler so far this year, looking back at videos from last year is a bit cringe worthy now!

I did a Novice mock run with Wiz a few weeks ago and had some things I needed to sharpen and polish, but we are still hopefully on track to trial this year (depending on when she comes into season). Really enjoying our journey so far :) :thumbsup:

Kaos

- Keep him running fast and happy and healthy

- Improve our handling and understanding of handling - tight turns, running lines, rear crosses, being where I need to be to give him information

- JDM, SD, JDO, passes towards ADM

Nitro

- Work on tugging and focus in all environments - aim to be able to tug properly in the middle of classes and trials

- Get our retrieve good enough to be able to use thrown rewards in training

- Start proper obstacle work

- continue to improve our body awareness exercises

- aim to be able to do some work at agility classes

OK so here is our update!

Kaos - we have our JDM title and just got JDM2! (we are much better at Jumping lol), only need 1 more qually for JDO and 2 more for ADM. Tight turns and back of jump verbals have much improved and helping us so much in Masters level courses!

Nitro - Lots of improvement in all areas but he is still very distracted by the environment at training and trials - more work to be done there! We are now doing jump grids, tunnel work, spins, multi-wraps around poles, running the plank and 2o2o for contacts, as well as tugging, retrieve and out of tug.

I didn't write a list of 2014 goals but I kinda had one in my head.

However!

I certainly did not think I would be re-training agility using a whole new handling system for BOTH dogs but a great big tick to that anyway and I'm thrilled with the results! Both dogs getting faster and so much more confident. To see a huge reduction in Em "stuttering" and crashing into jumps is sensational - turns out it wasn't her eyesight but her uncertainty!

I certainly did not think Em would have finished 3 All Age trials and come close on a few others. She really has done some super work thus far. Still working on her recall when free running around ducks :laugh:

To see Zig running harder and injury free at nearly 8 years old is pretty darn special too.

For myself, I am having more fun than ever before and am becoming a better handler in both agility and retrieving. My training sessions are getting smarter. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

It wasn't a particular goal ... cos I just tend to have generic goals of 'do the best I can' ???? .... but have to brag on my lil big man who passed his Track & Search Test 3 today to gain his TSD (Track and Search Dog) title. Only one title for us today, though ... Miss Kirra and I blew our first go at her night urban track. We still have one more T&S trial .. in 3 weeks , so hopefully I will be able to read her better than :)

I always post in these and set goals and then get slack and never achieve them so this year I didn't set any goals.

And in 4 trials Jazz has gained 5 titles, lol. Cinna is about ready to start agility trialling - she had some runs on the judges exam day and made some baby dog mistakes and showed me what we need to work on so hopefully she will get at least a run in JD before the end of the year.

You have to be happy with Miss Jazz this year, piper, and you and Cinna are going to have lots of fun.

Yes I am. She has done amazingly well given the lack of training opportunities that we get. And will now have to wait until next year as we will be away for the last trial of the year. Onwards to our herding champ next year... Might even let her do some more agility as I will be trialling Cinna as well.

ADM,

JDM,

ADO3 &

ADO4,

SPDX

AD then ADX,

JDX,

SPDX,

SD,

ADO,

JDO &

GDX.

This weekend's trial was the last for us this season & what a one to go out on :thumbsup: I had some fabulous runs with my guys & even Little Miss Slowcoach (AKA Bindi) had a ball & came 8th in Open Agility to give her, her ADO3 Title. Wildchild (AKA Cricket) was so much fun to run & yesterday got his Novice Agility Title with 32 seconds to spare. And just to show that it wasn't a fluke, he got an extra AD Q today with first place & 30 seconds to spare. :)

:thumbsup: great weekend for you and the kids sheena .. congrats.

We're in a busy time of year here ... agility weekend this weekend, then Track & Search thru following, then Launceston Royal thru first weekend in October . Conformation, Rally, Agility, then a weekend off, then agility weekend, then obedience and rally ..... my goal ..get through to the end of the year ????.

:thumbsup: great weekend for you and the kids sheena .. congrats.

We're in a busy time of year here ... agility weekend this weekend, then Track & Search thru following, then Launceston Royal thru first weekend in October . Conformation, Rally, Agility, then a weekend off, then agility weekend, then obedience and rally ..... my goal ..get through to the end of the year ????.

OMG :eek: Take it easy...we are finished now :)