Recall Games

Eyolf

I have a couple I like to use;

Restrained recall

Get someone else to hold your dog, walk off as per normal and call, then start jumping around, making noise, and playing with toys, until the dog start pulling to get to you, then your helper can let go. Big party when they get to you- this is designed to make you really fun, and improve the speed and rive in their recall.

Take off on recall

Leave dog in stay and walk off normally as per formal recall. When dog is halfway to you, take off running away from them. Big rewards when they catch you. If you want to improve your dogs front position, you can take off, and sit in a chair behind you, and reward them between your feet.

Between Legs recall

Another one to try if you're struggling to get nice close fronts, is rewarding your dog by tossing their treat or toy between your legs, so they have to go through to get in. This can help to stop your legs seeming like a solid barrier, and encourage your dog to get nice and close. Be prepared for some bruised shins if you don't use this one carefully!

I hope these are the sort of thing you were looking for?

Throw treat. Dog chases treat and then looks up to see that I have run away and calling, dog chases me and when it reaches me I throw treat again. Run away in different direction etc. has to be a large visible treat eg hunk of cheese or fritz

Also just playing fetch - most young dogs like to chase things and once taught the running back is then rewarded with another game of fetch

Hide n seek in the house (requires a decent stay or a second person to hold the dog)

Edited by Zug Zug