Aloveen Shampoo And Itchy Dog?

I recently bought some Ivory Coat Sensitive Shampoo and conditioner for my itchy pup while we were transitioning to a grain free diet, it hasn't got any oatmeal in it. http://ivorycoat.com...sitive-shampoo/

It seemed to help sooth him after I rubbed it into his itchy paws too. Bonus is it smells fantastic!

That one does look good, I think ill be trying that next.

I used Aloveen on my last lab and it was amazing for her she had no skin issues though apart from the odd dry skin. My current lab with her sensitive skin, yes Aloveen does make her itchy. Im currently using Fido's Herbal.

that ivorycoat shampoo has tea tree oil in it, ive heard some dogs can react to tea tree oil as well confused.gif

Yeah I noticed that, the Fido's herbal that im currently using has tea tree also, and ive used the fidos tea tree on her and that seems fine, the tea tree can be a bit drying to sensitive skin on its own so ive been using a coconut hair shine from the body shop on her and she has been quite good, coat is definitely lovely and shinny.

• 3 weeks later...

The oatmeal shampoo contains sulphates, synthetic fragrances which is probably why it is making your dog itch. Try and find a natural shampoo that's states it is sulphate free and contains no synthetic fragrances and i'm sure you'll notice a huge difference. Best of luck.

Rogue Royalty Natural Blend Dog/Horse Shampoo

http://store.rogueroyalty.com.au/dog-horse-shampoo-all-natural-blend/

No Parabens - No Syndets - No Preservatives.

Ingrediants.

Sweet Almond Oil

Coconut Oil

Olive Oil, Palm Oil & Canola Oil

Hemp Seed Oil

Neem Oil

Eucalyptus oil

Tea tree oil

Nothing beats it, it helps the skin, and keeps bugs away!

THanks for this link, I have just ordered some of the Smooth and Soothe for my puppy!

It's amazing that Aloveen is recommended by vets as it also made my girl very itchy too. She has such sensitive skin especially in summer. The itching drives me and her crazy. I really don't want to put her on steriods and have trialed so many different shampoos to help her. The best ones I found that didn't make her itch were the ivory coat, earth bath and essential dog. The ivory coat shampoo was a bit runny and you have to use alot of it which I didn't like and the deodoriser smells like it has alot of alcohol in it. The earth bath was also pretty good but I prefer the essential dog as you only have to use a bit of it and it has lots of extracts, smells great and has alot of organic stuff in it plus she doesn't itch after her bath.

I thought I'd try the ivory coat for my girl too, purchased the sensitive one. As corinnew says yes it's very runny, I actually find it a bit hard to use as it runs straight though your fingers when you try and have some in your hand to was their paws. And for some reason it's actually made Abbey's skin dry which its never been before. Smells lovely though but doesn't keep Abbey smelling lovely for more than two days.

Any more recommendations anybody? It's good once you find a shampoo that works perfectly on a sensitive dog, and you don't know how their skin will react until you trial it.

Yes I expected more from Ivory Coat considering the price tag. I would definitely recommend Essential Dog's sensitive skin shampoo. It's natural so she doesn't itch after her bath. It's not runny and smells divine. I also noticed her coat was soft for about a week.

1388926015[/url]' post='6388237']

Yes I expected more from Ivory Coat considering the price tag. I would definitely recommend Essential Dog's sensitive skin shampoo. It's natural so she doesn't itch after her bath. It's not runny and smells divine. I also noticed her coat was soft for about a week.

I remember essential dog for when I need more shampoo, thanks.

1388926015[/url]' post='6388237']

No problems. I first bought their sample size for sensitive skin first just to trial it which was handy. It was really good so bought the bigger one after that. So glad to have discovered it for my girl.

No problems. I first bought their sample size for sensitive skin first just to trial it which was handy. It was really good so bought the bigger one after that. So glad to have discovered it for my girl.

I went onto their site and noticed the sample packs, wish everyone did that. The Ivory Coat was a bit on the $$ side, don't know if its that or that I haven't been able to get Abbey's coconut oil but she's very dry especially on her rump. Would be good to find a shampoo that we were happy with the results.

I also bought the Ivory Coat sensitive from Pet Barn because I like trying out new shampoos on Zeus because I'm still trying to find one I like the smell of -- not because he has skin allergies. It lathers nicely but is very runny, however, I've found the scent disappointing; Zeus still smells like Aloveen from his previous bath. Not that smelling like Aloveen is a bad thing, I was just hoping to see what the new one smells like.

ETA: I keep forgetting that I've got calendula tea in the pantry to try as a wash/rinse too. Will have to remember for their next bath in a few months time.

Edited by RiverStar-Aura