How Much Do You Know About Purebred Breeds?

FalconRange

Over the past couple of weeks, I've discovered and become completely addicted to a quiz and trivia website known as Sporcle. With dogs being a field of interest, naturally dog quizzes have been something I've had great fun testing myself at.

A forum I used to belong to (now sadly mostly defunct) used to have quiz threads testing the knowledge of various members. It could be interesting to see just how much the rest of DOL knows about dogs and dog breeds on a few quizzes, and so this is somewhat of a challenge to see how we all go!

Somewhat like an obedience trial, there'll be five exercises. Four are compulsory, while one is a free choice exercise depending on your breed/s of interest.

The challenge is to complete the quizzes, and to gain the highest score you can. You can then post the scores (if you wish), and see how you went in comparison to other members.

The Challenge!

Quiz 1 - Can you name the 50 Most Registered Breeds in Australia in 2012? (An Australian one to start us off!)

Quiz 2 - Can you name the AKC 2011 Top 100 Dog Breeds? (Some overlap, but interesting to see the different preferences between the USA and Australia)

Quiz 3 - Can you name the popular dog breeds by pictures of their puppies?

Quiz 4 - Can you name the dog breeds from the pictures of their faces?

and the multiple choice option

Quiz 5(a) - Can you name the FCI 1 Dog Breeds? (for "Sheepdogs and Cattle Dogs (except Swiss Cattle Dogs)" people)

Quiz 5(b) - Can you name the FCI 2 Dog Breeds? (for "Pinscher and Schnauzer - Molossoid Breeds - Swiss Mountain and Cattle Dogs" people)

Quiz 5© - Can you name the FCI 5 Dog Breeds? (for "Spitz and Primitive types" people)

I'd love to add quizzes for the other FCI groups, but sadly they don't seem to have any such quizzes on the site.

To start us off, my somewhat shameful scores were:

Quiz 1 - 36/50 (72%)

Quiz 2 - 53/100 (53%)

Quiz 3 - 25/25 (100%)

Quiz 4 - 25/25 (100%)

Quiz 5(a) - 19/44 (43.2%)

Average percentage = 73.64%

Good luck, and have at it! :)

Couldn't get quiz 1 to work, but did quiz 3 and missed 3 of the breeds. Don't want to say which ones, as I'll spoil it for the others, but one of them I got the first word right several times, but needed to type in the name in full (both words of the breed name) - the other 2 breeds I would not have guessed in a million years! :laugh:

I got 24/25 for the puppies - I gave up as I knew that there was no way I was going to pick the only one I didn't know - could have knocked me over with a feather when I read what it was as I have raised a number of them and it must be about 3 weeks old in the bloody picture!

I got 27/50 for the first one :o some of the ones I missed i tried to enter and must have been spelling incorrectly :( Other than that it probably is a good reflection of my level of knowledge - I definitely have a lot to learn :laugh:

I found I had to run it in internet explorer not my normal browser firefox so if you have trouble getting it to work that may help.

A quiz about purebred dogs had a photo of a labradoodle???

Yeah, I thought that was a bit shifty too. I got so frustrated trying the purebreds that I thought would match and didn't, that I tried it in desperation and got it.

Otherwise, I had heaps of fun. :)