Ankc Nationals Agility Trial

No, the first day has all the events listed under it - all three rows - so all standard jumping and agility classes will run on that day (but not open)

Team Agility

Team Jumping

AD1 500

ADX1 500

ADM1 500

AD1, ADX1, ADM1 400

AD1, ADX1, ADM1 200/300

AD1, ADX1, ADM1 600

JD1 500

JDX1 500

JDM1 500

JD1, JDX1, JDM1 400

JD1, JDX1, JDM1 200/300

JD1, JDX1, JDM1 600

I still don't know whether I'll be going....there's a conference in Spain I'd like to attend in late July and the Retrieving National Championships (and associated trials) will be in SA in late August.

I've also heard that there are Fire Ants at the grounds so not too keen on camping there or running the dogs if they are likely to get bitten....does anyone know about these ants? They have a fearsome reputation!!!

Thanks Pie, so for a Masters 500 dog I will only be going in 2 events on the first day ADM & JDM ?? & on the second day, it has three lots of ADO's & 3 x JDO's. So would you normally enter all those or just ones in certain rings. All the rest are clear to me except for the last day....entries for the last day would depend on the results of the previous days :confused: as they are all finals ?? I wonder if it's true about the fire ants on the ground.

Yes the last day will be finals, you will have to qualify to win a place in them.

Yes you could enter all of the open classes on the second day - so six runs, if you wanted to. Yep just the two classes for you on day 1.

Thanks Pie, I am trying to work out whether to just take my girl or take the young bloke as well. June is a long way off from February when the entries are due (earlybird), so I guess if my dog was to get a title between now & then, that I would just advise them & change it before the final closing date.

Take them both, if nothing else it's a great experience and good to get them used to things like the nationals :D :thumbsup:

Thinking about it. I have it on good authority that there are NO fire ants at the grounds :thumbsup: & they are going to post it on the website to dispel all rumours.

The environmental guys who deal with fire ants are pretty vigilant on it since they don't want them as they are a pest. My parents live not too far from the grounds and recently the helicopter with the heat cam did a circle around where they live and picked up on something they thought was ants and so arranged to come actually check the spots on property but nothing so I'm gonna assume they'd be doing the same with the grounds in all the times I've trialed trained and showed there I've never experienced anything.

Green ants is another story but mind you they're everywhere! No I don't mean the grounds are crawling with them but like anywhere there are a nest here and there.

• 1 month later...

Take them both, if nothing else it's a great experience and good to get them used to things like the nationals :D :thumbsup:

Thinking about it. I have it on good authority that there are NO fire ants at the grounds :thumbsup: & they are going to post it on the website to dispel all rumours.

Fireants? I compete at those grounds on a reasonably regular basis and have not had a problem, nor have I heard of anyone who has experienced any issues.

I work about 15 mins away, and we had a fire ant detection dog and handler come through the property a couple of months ago. They were very thorough, and follow up every possibility, so I think it's highly unlikely they'd miss them in a big open area like that.