Our First Ever Foster Dog - The Final Update

This is Bonnie, we got her yesterday, she's an ex-puppy farm girl. Our sheltie is totally in love with her. So far we've had lots of pacing and times where she will drop to the floor in fear. But this morning she's getting calmer, the pacing is slowing down so I don't think it will take long for her to come good. She's such a little sweetheart.

post-22362-0-26950500-1386283677_thumb.jpg

Within the first 10 mins the kids were asking if we could keep her. :laugh:

Edited by Michelleva

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I've had this from everyone. My husband was on a flight when I got the call, so I sent him a photo and said can we help her, his reply, only if we can keep her??? He's not back till Sunday and keeps sending me texts, how's my puppy?

....... she hasn't even been here 24 hours. :rofl:

OMG I've had this from everyone. My husband was on a flight when I got the call, so I sent him a photo and said can we help her, his reply, only if we can keep her??? He's not back till Sunday and keeps sending me texts, how's my puppy?

....... she hasn't even been here 24 hours. :rofl:

Aww... :heart:

Congrats Michelleva, she is absolutely gorgeous. :love:

I've been told I'm doomed because she came to me being called Sweetpea.. no way was I going to walk around calling come here sweetpea.. so that had to go! :eek: And someone suggested Bonnie and it seems to fit.

When I was a kid growing up in UK we had a Sheltie called Bonnie :D

Sorry to say, I think you have a new baby :thumbsup: But if you can manage to part with her, I know it will be to the right forever home, I can already see how picky you will be- poor potential adopters!

This is exactly why I think I could not foster- I fall too hard too quickly....

Good luck, and please, more pictures of Bonnie :)

Di

That sweet, intelligent expression is so like our late Danny the Sheltie.... who was a 'rescue failure' at our place. I found him lost in terrible condition. Took him to Uni vet who suggested contacting Sheltie Club.

Lovely folk from Qld's Sheltie Club spent 3 hrs cleaning him up. All that time, the little tri-colour sweetheart kept his muzzle in my hand. Sheltie folk said it looked like he'd made his choice ... & would I take him, if all means of tracing owners failed?

No owners found... yes, he came to us. And he was the most loving little sheltie ... named Danny, a gentle, loving boy. He was my heart dog. Bonnie has exactly the same look in her eyes.

Your Danny sounds like a lovely boy Mita.

Bonnie seems to have attached herself to me already.. It breaks my heart that anyone could mistreat such a beautiful trusting creature.

Oh and I finally got her to eat.. BBQ chicken never fails to entice :D

Bonnie seems to have attached herself to me already.. It breaks my heart that anyone could mistreat such a beautiful trusting creature.

Oh and I finally got her to eat.. BBQ chicken never fails to entice :D

That sounds familiar! :) I agree... how could anyone mistreat or neglect beautiful, gentle, loving souls like Bonnie & Danny's. Danny's nickname became Saint Danny.

BBQ chicken is a winner. Also heating any food for little burst in the microwave, brings out the smell. And dogs like a good smell. Dr Harry gave that tip ages ago... it's been useful.

This is Bonnie, we got her yesterday, she's an ex-puppy farm girl. Our sheltie is totally in love with her. So far we've had lots of pacing and times where she will drop to the floor in fear. But this morning she's getting calmer, the pacing is slowing down so I don't think it will take long for her to come good. She's such a little sweetheart.

post-22362-0-26950500-1386283677_thumb.jpg

Within the first 10 mins the kids were asking if we could keep her. :laugh:

What a sweetie. I think Bonnie is a great name for a Sheltie. Love Georgia sticking her in the photo going "i'm here too!" :)

Georgia just growled and snapped at Bonnie. She's really anxious at the moment and pacing and walking around in circles. So I was calling her trying to get her to focus on something else. This is the first time Georgia's acted like that towards her. There was no real aggression, could she be reacting to the anxiety she's feeling from Bonnie? Last night when she paced and paced for hours even I felt anxious, so I understand if its making Georgia uneasy too.

It's bound to happen .. yesterday was a novelty ... today may be "What - you're still here?"

make sure Georgia gets lots of YOU time without Bonnie ..and stick to her routine as much as possible - it is her house after all ;)

If Bonnie is acting unusually - then, yes, that can be anxiety producing.

I suggest, if you can some of that adaptil spray/diffuser etc ..just some nice feelgood pheremones for them both ...