Our First Ever Foster Dog - The Final Update

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah! I'm a member of the Bee Gee's Appreciation Society. :laugh: :laugh:

yes!!! me too :)

ha ha

Aparantly Bonnie had fun today. While I was out, she found one of my daughters bra's and proceeded to run around the house with her prize, evading capture.. :rofl:

We've discovered that Bonnie is very food oriented and will do almost anything for a liver treat.

In the last couple of days we've taught her to dance for a treat.

post-22362-0-24231400-1387408017_thumb.jpg

I've been quite worried about how sad she always seems. She's always close by but just lying about and looking rather depressed. Then this morning I found another bra dragged out of my daughters room and my son said she chased one of his cars. I didn't see her do either, but it gives me hope that there is a happy little dog in there trying hard to get out.

Last night we went for our longest walk yet, we were gone for at least half an hour and she did great, she didn't freak out at all. :thumbsup:

ETA - hope this works

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=762559110425556&notif_t=video_processed

Edited by Michelleva

You're right. Bonnie going for the bra is a darn good sign of being attached to her 'people'. Dogs love items that strongly have the scent of their owners on them. Which is why they specially like underclothing, socks & shoes. Can you give her soft toys that you & your family have rubbed the palms of your hands all over? When she's lying around or in her crate, that'd be like having 'her' person/people close. Would bring comfort.

Wonderful news about the walking!

Bonnie is funny, I've figured out when she's scared and overwhelmed she barks. But she does this funny thing where she puts her snout in the air and sort of barks/howls at the same time. She did it when we got the Santa pic and she did it again today when Panther came to visit. She sat there and barked for quite a while, out of fear. We took all the dogs to the park and she was much better, I think because its neutral territory. They even ran around together off lead.

Eventually she did calm down, but I think the very BIG lab freaked her out a bit. But he was so gentle, she had nothing to fear really.

Destiny (rescue puss) spotted the BIG black dog on his way out, you should have seen the look on her face. ha ha, her eyes were massive black saucers with her ears flat on her head. LOL

Slowly, slowly Pers. I'm trying to get her to play, I can see she wants to but she's holding back. I'm not giving up, I'm on a mission. LOL

Oh and I think I can call her crate trained now. Last night I said, Bonnie, in your bed, and off she trotted into her crate. :thumbsup: No treats, no encouragment needed.

She's also getting quite good on lead now, but getting the lead on her, still freaks her out. Once we're out, she's fine. But with repetition, scary things become less scary.