Rspca Withdraws Cruelty Charges Against Kim Hollingsworth

Aphra

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed a pronounced lack of media coverage. Why is that? Are the media unwilling to touch this for some reason? I would have thought they'd be all over it, what with their gleeful references to her a "former prostitute" and the ever present re-hashing of her past in every article about her.. I would have thought they'd have a field day

I have heard two entirely different sides to this story and I just haven't been able to make up my mind which side has the most truth - insufficient evidence on both sides. confused.gif

On the one hand the RSPCA ( and others) are claiming lack of care and showing pictures of horses in extremely poor condition crying.gif on the other the woman charged was saying that she "rescues" horses in extremely poor condition and nurses them back to health together with her vet.

The RSPCA have dropped charges but haven't said why, the woman claims they were dropped because the vet that she works with to rehab the horses was willing to testify and make the RSPCA look completely stupid.

The article Aprha posted mentions a third property that I wasn't even aware of, in Cobbity. I had only heard of the Mulgoa and Winton ones.

Inevitablue can you give a first hand account please? What little I have heard is either filtered through the media or press reports or is third or fourth hand. frown.gif

So why is the press so reluctant to run this story? And why did the RSPCA drop the charges in the end?

I have also heard several sides of this story and cannot make heads or tails of it. The fb pages both for and against Kim all seem to be overflowing with a degree of crazy that is unfathomable to me and frankly a little scary. It really undermined their position for me and their accusations were ridiculous, especially if there was solid proof to be had against her.. Some of the accusations were that horses were not rugged and had no toys.. I kid you not, the boredom that these horses supposedly suffer was brought as a major point against her...

You'd think that would pale in comparison with the starvation and medical issues.... It was also alleged that all of her horses are cribbing... Presumably if they are starved they are eating anything they can reach, including fences and trees, but the sheer lack of knowledge some of the people on the "anti" bandwagon displayed was also not lending much credibility.

Either way, I definitely can't make my mind up about this just from what I have seen on the internet and frankly I have stopped trying to make any kind of sense of either side :(

Shocking !!! Those poor horses :( How much evidence do the RSPCA need to convict this woman???? All the while these poor, beautiful horses are left to breed even more to die of neglect & starvation.

Blind Freddy can see that this whole "train wreck" of a situation didn't just occur over night. Why isn't she held accountable for such horrid cruelty ???

Sorry I just don't get it :(

Edited by BC Crazy

What a lot of shit she is

How can the horses be nursed back to health living in numerous paddock's across the region .

The horses need 4 small feeds a day worming ,teeth,done ,hooves done ,bathing,

brushing ,rugging , shelter other wise they will never get back to looking good and healthy .

she has no idea :mad

Totally agree griff... What a crock she is & a totally clueless one at that !!!

How she can lay her head on a pillow to sleep at night knowing her horses are slowly dying from sheer lack of adequate care.

Food, water, shelter & Vet care etc is way beyond me :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Like any good dog rescue, a horse rescue that is ethical and principled should be working in the same way - don't take on too many, don't get those you rescue into the wrong mix and constantly monitor those you have and feed them, take them to the vets when needed.

Once you get past a certain no. you'd have to be paying serious amounts of attention to them and checking them regularly so that any illnesses or wounds didn't go untreated.

Leaving them starving and dropping dead, for the bodies to fester, hardly sounds like a good rescue does it?

Why these types of people cannot be controlled and monitored properly - to stop them doing this - is beyond me.