Grooming Tables

Erny

Hi everyone.

A friend of mine has a Cairn Terrier and a couple of wire-haired daxxies. She tends to the regular grooming herself.

Her daughter would like to purchase her Mum a grooming table for Christmas, but doesn't know the best place to purchase from.

Can anyone assist with some known good places (on-line or otherwise). If an actual store, can be in South-Eastern suburbs area (thereabouts) or over Geelong way.

Thanks in advance.

Erny

PS - I know nothing about grooming tables, so any advice of what to avoid; what is great/handy; etc. would also be appreciated.

Edited by Erny

Thanks Clyde. Looked on Pet Network but couldn't ID any "Liberty" tables.

Am I right to presume Pet Network are a recommended place to buy from and that "Liberty" is the better/recommended brand of table?

Thanks Clyde. Looked on Pet Network but couldn't ID any "Liberty" tables.

Am I right to presume Pet Network are a recommended place to buy from and that "Liberty" is the better/recommended brand of table?

Sorry Erny, maybe I didnt get mine from there.:o But yes, to both your questions. I may have bought mine direct from Liberty? http://www.libertyinternational.com.au/tables.html

Liberty are good, strong quality tables. However the one I prefer using is a cheap Ebay one which I've had more than 8 yrs. I have three Liberty ones and they are made to last forever plus fold up, I just don't have one that suits me height wise.

Has her mum said which height she prefers??

You can buy terrier tables which are tall & the table small or the more standard heights .

We have multi kinds here & rarely use our terrier table for our small dogs .

If she is stripping the coats out she may prefer to sit (we sit alot whilst grooming/stripping coats to save our backs)

The tops also vary alot some the rubber is slippery & hard for the dogs to stay still.

The Libertys had the best rubber tops .i have brought other tables for way cheaper which are excellent quality but the rubber isn't friendly for special underline grooming as the dogs slip .

You can make your own ,easy to buy the stuf from Bunnings .

Dog shows often have vendors there who sell tables etc etc .

Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions. I've linked my friend's daughter into this thread so she can see the responses as they come in. They are proving really helpful and we both appreciate them.

:D

Erny

Showdog do you know if those ones have a weight limit?

I haven't looked but i would say they would hold a giant breed with no drama's,they are way more solid than the Liberty giants & weigh alot more.

I have that one for at home & take my liberty to shows