Loft Smith Dogs Home

Sonic

Several years ago, Lort Smith Animal Hospital helped me out in a big way. My dog needed an operation and I just couldn't afford it at the time. From memory, I only paid what I could afford. They were so caring and professional with Jackson. I can't tell you how much their service was appreciated.

In the years since, I have been able to donate some money to them along the way so they can continue to offer services to assist animals who otherwise would not be able to receive the vet care they need.

Such a deserving organisation :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for giving me a run down on Lort Smith. I just knew (from DOL) that they were a great place. I didn't know they were a not for profit and if it has been mentioned, I hadn't taken it on board.

Must reconsider beneficiaries in my Will. Anything I own when I die is going to selected animal charities.

Edited by Danny's Darling

I work at Lort Smith also. I fostered, then adopted, a sweet staffy cross girl that I believe wouldve quite likely been PTS at any other shelter. She had demodectic mange and was malnourished and neglected. She is now the happiest, most playful dog around and I shudder to think what may have happened to her if she'd ended up at any other shelter. The good work done extends way past the shelter animals, as already outlined. The pet therapy program, the emergency boarding program as well as a bereavement support group for grieving pet owners, amongst many other things makes it a lot different to your average vet hospital. Also, people dont have to pay in full upfront for surgeries which helps many "ordinary" pet ownerd every day. Absolutely worthy of donations.

Here's the good folk at Lort Smith in action. Episode 3 of the TV series. I just googled Lort Smith television series & this came up ... also on that page other episodes were listed, too. Great viewing:

Edited by mita