Donating A Dslr Camera

Guest hanko

Guest hankodie

Hi all -

Posted this in the members marketplace but thought i'd try here too. I am giving away my Canon 400d DSLR and 50 mm f 1.8 lens, was wondering if anyone knew of a rescue group who could make good use out of it to take some good high quality photos of their rescues?

Someone else suggested it in the other thread and I thought it was a lovely notion so I'm asking here before giving it away to a member.

It's in great working order - it still takes beautiful photos, I just have no use for it any more as I have since upgraded to different cameras :)

I'm located on the central coast NSW so I can drop it off around the area within reason, otherwise I am able to post it out.

An example of a photo I took with this camera + lens: http://tinypic.com/r/2wnyzvb/5 you can take lovely interesting portraits of rescues to generate more interest!

Please send me a PM if you know of a rescue group who might be able to use it!

PS: I wasn't sure if this was allowed so if it violates any forum rules I apologise, please delete :)

Edited by hankodie

Guest hankodie

Thanks efowler that's very nice of you! I've donated the camera to a lovely little rescue out of state but I appreciate the offer :D

Thanks again!

What a lovely gesture!!!

I am also on the Central Coast but work in Sydney so happy to help transport it to the rescue if needed. :)

I didn't know you were here on the Coast Emma??

As I said in the other thread hankodie that is lovely of you to donate that to rescue :)

Guest hankodie

What a lovely gesture!!!

I am also on the Central Coast but work in Sydney so happy to help transport it to the rescue if needed. :)

As I said in the other thread hankodie that is lovely of you to donate that to rescue :)

Yay for DOLers on the coast :thumbsup: but where are you all hiding??! I've never come across a DOLer IRL, maybe I need to get out more :laugh:

thanks stans mum glad it's going somewhere where someone will put it to good use :)

What a lovely gesture!!!

Yay for DOLers on the coast :thumbsup: but where are you all hiding??! I've never come across a DOLer IRL, maybe I need to get out more :laugh:

thanks stans mum glad it's going somewhere where someone will put it to good use :)

There are quite a few here hankodie, I'm in Terrigal, Stan is quite well known here lol. He got recognised from his Facebook page down at The Haven the other day :laugh:

Guest hankodie

What a lovely gesture!!!

There are quite a few here hankodie, I'm in Terrigal, Stan is quite well known here lol. He got recognised from his Facebook page down at The Haven the other day :laugh:

Whaaat, I live there too and am at The Haven all the time! Must keep an eye out for handsome Stan the celebrity next time we're there :laugh:

Well there you go small world :thumbsup: I've been in Terrigal for close to 30 years now on the Coast for almost to 50 :eek: I only go to The Haven during the week in the arvo otherwise there are too many idiots that think the the WHOLE bloody Haven is offleash :mad I just walk them around the oval.

Guest hankodie

stans mum how funny we also walk around that oval :laugh: I train there too sometimes if it's quiet. I know what you mean about the idiots - I never let mine off leash but I've been "told off" by other owners for not letting them off :shrug: I tend to avoid it like the plague when it's busy, too many bad owners and out of control dogs. But when it's quiet its a lovely place to walk. I shall have to keep an eye out for you now that I know you go there as well! small world indeed :laugh:

Well there you go small world :thumbsup: I've been in Terrigal for close to 30 years now on the Coast for almost to 50 :eek: I only go to The Haven during the week in the arvo otherwise there are too many idiots that think the the WHOLE bloody Haven is offleash :mad I just walk them around the oval.

I've only been to Haven once and yep way too many ppl letting there dogs run everywhere. I love Avoca or Umina Beaches :)

I moved in Wahroonga (Syd) in April as working in Gordon now. Then we moved to Kariong late October. So haven't been on Central coast long. But every weekend I take my little girl to a different off leash area or beach!! We should all get together one day. I love exploring the beautiful coast. :)

I've only been to Haven once and yep way too many ppl letting there dogs run everywhere. I love Avoca or Umina Beaches :)

I moved in Wahroonga (Syd) in April as working in Gordon now. Then we moved to Kariong late October. So haven't been on Central coast long. But every weekend I take my little girl to a different off leash area or beach!! We should all get together one day. I love exploring the beautiful coast. :)

Yes I knew you'd moved to Sydney but didn't know you were up here :) Would love to catch up after the tourist invasion leaves, you can forget trying to get into Terrigal now until Feb! North Entrance is a nice offleash beach, just over the bridge and you rarely see anyone. Patonga is another gorgeous spot, I love it over there but again not in school holidays.

Guest hankodie

I'd also love to catch up, don't have very many dog owner friends here on the coast so it would be lovely to meet up! I agree about the tourists though stans mum - it's a total nightmare at the moment. Went down to terrigal at 5.45 this morning and still couldn't get a car spot!

I'd also love to catch up, don't have very many dog owner friends here on the coast so it would be lovely to meet up! I agree about the tourists though stans mum - it's a total nightmare at the moment. Went down to terrigal at 5.45 this morning and still couldn't get a car spot!

Oh yeah that's way too late to get a car spot :laugh: I'm lucky I live right in the heart of Teggas, in the "bowl" as we call it behind the Crowne Plaza so I can walk to the main street in a couple of minutes. Would love to catch up with you hankodie, Bellyfish is my favourite dog friendly café, we've had up to a dozen greyhounds laying around the tables there :) We'll organise it after school hols ok?

Oh yeah that's way too late to get a car spot :laugh: I'm lucky I live right in the heart of Teggas, in the "bowl" as we call it behind the Crowne Plaza so I can walk to the main street in a couple of minutes. Would love to catch up with you hankodie, Bellyfish is my favourite dog friendly café, we've had up to a dozen greyhounds laying around the tables there :) We'll organise it after school hols ok?

I've never been to that Cafe. But count me in for after holidays as well. Will be nice to finally meet :) I don't know many dog ppl on the coast yet either :)