Is Your Dog Useful Too?

kelpiecuddles

Mine's helpful in closing drawers in the kitchen when getting things out of them that need to go back in again [or even when just trying to get them out in the first place]. Also helps when cooking, he closes the pantry door constantly. He is very helpful though when I have my hands full and need a door opened, just ask him nicely and he opens it :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Odie is useful in alerting the neighbourhood of any danger. Including but not limited to - delivery trucks, lawnmowers, shirtless neighbour sitting on the porch with a beer, birds, wind and of course the neighbourhood cat.

Hank is a professional sock distributor. If there's a sock around he will take it upon himself to move it into the middle of the living room and create a neat pile on the living room rug, then look at you expectantly as if to say "you see? you see all the work I put into this? where is my treat?"

Kyojin is great if the cat accidentally gets outside. He races over, rounds them up, holds them down (gently) and then alerts us to the fact that the cat has escaped. He used to watch us run after our old cat who used to get out at our old house(Dodgy screen door) and so he picked up on the fact that cats weren't allowed to go outside. So he started helping us collect them. Even years later at our new house and with a different cat, Physics got out once and straight away Kyojin called us over and went and grabbed the cat for us. Clever boy :D

Also useful of course at alerting us to anyone who comes near the house which is especially great as we don't have a door bell.

Jingo is busy making confetti from old newspapers just in case I decide to get married again. This would, however, mean getting rid of my current hubby, which is Kira's job as the "fun police", she comes between us and demands a cuddle from us if she catches us touching each other. :laugh:

Di

The tibbie girls are so relaxed with their Buddhist calm & sweet nature. It's like living with the Dalai Llama ... big smiles & all.

No need for valium at this place.

'Yep, doing my job well, boss.' says this tib. (click, enlarge).

post-3304-0-06351500-1387072636_thumb.jpg

Edited by mita

Yes mine are great hoovers - never know there had been a spillage. Also make great hot water bottles in bed in the winter!

Mine are great hot water bottles too but not good at hoovering. Stan can open the fridge and devour the entire contents but if I drop a pea on the floor I've got to point it out several times before he sees it! so much for being a sighthound.

Maddie is excellent at excavation too, she dug a hole at my old house big enough to bury a small car. She's just started a new project at the new house.

Alas my dangerous SBT, whilst obsessed with all things rodent can't actually catch one. Even if it is already in a trap and I release it under her nose it still manages to run off in the opposite direction to which she is looking.

I have not done a mega house clean for about a month. With visitors last Friday I was doing a frenzy clean and discovered a dried up (very dead) mouse hanging from the bottom of the treat cupboard. Let's just overlook how unhygienic this sounds and focus on the fact that said terrier stands in front of that cupboard, at dead mouse level, at least twice a day and neither saw it or smelt it.

Clearly broken but sadly the warranty ran out.