Flickr! Help!

Kirislin

is anyone else having trouble with it. I made the mistake of saying I'd try the new set up. I cannot even read the full blurb that comes on. I cannot opt out as it promises I'll be able to either. I cannot copy the code to display my photos, it's terrible. Does anyone know how to work it now? :(

geeze flickr is really up the creek now. I figured out the other day how to post photos but now when I try the same thing it keeps telling me to share the photo publicly to view the embed code. All my photos are public anyway. :mad I'm so p'd off with them.

I dont know how to take a screen shot, but what I used to do is click on the little box with an arrow in it and I would get a drop down box with the code I just had to copy and paste to DOL, but now when I click on it I'm told that I have to share the photo publicly to get the embed code. All my photos are public anyway. I even tried changing that and then changing it back in the hope of jolting it to work. :confused:

woo hoo I figured it out finally.

go to the drop box like before, then at the bottom of the code box it is now pre selected on embed just click on the html circle instead and it is back to normal. It should remember the choice for the future.

catching up on my updates now...

• 3 months later...

So now they have not only forced us onto the new user unfriendly format and taken away the BBcode share option (or at least I can't find it and their help section is useless) but they are also forcing all users to generate a yahoo login. No more signing in with my gmail.

I give up.

I've watched a huge percentage of my Flickr 'contacts' leave over the last few months and thought I would stick it out but I'm not signing up for a whole new account.

I have started a 500px account and I quite like it so far, but I will miss the Flickr community.

I can still login with my Google account, if they remove that I will be pissed :mad For sharing with the BBcode you need to click on the pin symbol, not the most intuitive but that's where it is now. I don't mind the new look, I like being able to see basic exif info on the right :)

I managed to opt out for now too, I think some sort of small button appeared on the bottom left to let me opt out. But I think others have been stuck with no opt out :(

I couldn't find the BBCode to share photos either :(

As above or you can use the HTML and remove the bits of code you don't need, then insert image..

Edited by Staffyluv

I've been using the pin, embeded code, it's not the same as BB, BB worked better.

I can't find anywhere what the transition time is until they remove Google sign in but they have said they will be removing it and the only sign in option will be through a yahoo account.