Silver Eagle Cool Champions Cool Coats

RubyStar

I'd go with the cool champions too. Mine is a good 5 years old and still going and gets used a lot, my big girl wears her's all summer. I've done whole trials in them and with the Velcro strapping being elastic there is plenty of give in them. The Collies love them. They aren't cheap but they certainly do the job and they last, the only downside is they flatten the coat but given your girls are labs that's not really an issue for you! :)

I have tried a range too..like Cool Champions, but the Shammy Cool material stays cool way longer, and is lighter. But the ones i have would need to be altered to stop them moving round so much ..even for normal..non working use. I have one of the Clean Run chamois ones too, but haven't tried it in "anger". Had the Shammy Cool one on Rory right up till he went into the ring at the rally trial last week, and almost used it for the Honour.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone :)

I don't believe the cool champions have gel in them?

Good point about the elastic, NC, that is probably why the girls felt so comfortable laying in them last night. If the girls feel comfortable obedience trialling in them (with judges permission of course!), then it sounds like it might be worth the splurge. But I admit these cool runners ones are enticing for price and comfort! Edit: but I am worried about them not fitting snugly enough around the body, I don't want them slipping around and being uncomfortable.

Thanks PME, but those are the kind I already have (and have misplaced embarrass.gif) and I think they dry way too quickly for my liking. The girls also aren't comfortable laying down in them, so no good for my circumstances!

Edited by RubyStar

I have a Cool runners Chamois Coat in X-Large that I would consider selling. Bought it from Cleanrun for my Ridgeback, has been worn once for about 15 mins but is a touch too small for him. It should fit a Lab. $20 + post? Let me know if you are interested smile.gif

I have one of the Silver Eagle Cool Champion coats for my Chi and he loves it. It's the best thing we have bought as he doesn't like the heat at all. I think that was about $60 for that but its a small size. I would certainly recommend these coats and would buy another in the future if need be. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just received a silver eagle cool champions mat, great timing as we have a 43C day coming up on Saturday. Not too hot today but I thought I'd give it a go with Ronin (Husky puppy) he is currently snoozed up on it after putting it on his futon - took all of about 2 minutes :laugh: I am very impressed thus far. He is a maniac chewer right now and surprisingly this is the only thing he hasn't chomped on yet. Quite expensive, but I think this might be a great investment for his summer comfort.

Edited by Yonjuro

Not sure if anyone is still after a second-hand Cool Champions cooling coat? I have one that I would be happy to sell for half what I paid (+ postage). I paid just over $100. Mine is a hot pink and is size M. It was bought for a female Clumber Spaniel (30kg, stocky body) but she sadly died last year.

I would say she wore it maybe 3 times ever - so it's almost brand new and is in perfect condition. I have taken some pics tonight, and can send via FB or email.

If you are interested, post a reply here. No pressure - just saw the post and thought someone might want the CC cooling coat.

Edited by poppop