I Love Being A Dog Breeder

Steve

Just because its christmas and Ive got a bunch of babies here.

The world of breeding pure bred dogs can be a challenging place sometimes and the challenges seem to be growing but this time of year I like to reflect on it all. As hard as they may make it - I love what I do.

Im a dog breeder . Hope the rest of you are feeling as good about what you do as I do.

post-199-0-62744600-1387178494_thumb.jpeg

Litters being born on Christmas day can be a bummer... not easy to party when you are up to your eyeballs in afterbirth... lol! Note - never mate your bitch on 23 October...

But I'll agree that there's not much cooler Christmas playthings than a litter of healthy and happy puppies, is there?

T.

Ive got a son being married on the 27th so the whole family is coming in. 15 grand kids are going to have a ball with this lot.

The best babysitters ever. Let the games begin.

T Ive had litters born Christmas Day several times also had one born the morning I had my youngest son.

As the bitch contracted so did I - wasnt sure if I was just feeling sympathy for her or not at first - whelped the litter and made it to hospital with 20 mins to spare. rofl1.gif They were the days.

Aww Steve :) beautiful dogs. Can I be cheeky and ask for more baby maremma pics? :laugh:

And you should be proud, all ethical breeders should be. I would love to do it one day but I don't know if I'd have the guts!

If you really do want to breed dogs with a focus on what is best for the dogs and the breed there is nothing to fear and so very much to gain we need heaps more good dog breeders.

I love the baby polar bear face!

The breed is just so adorable at this age - made to suck you in and make you love it .They lap up every cuddle and tiny bit of love you give them. Look you in the eye like a human baby and give no indication what ever that one day they can terrify the daylights out of anyone they don't know thinking of coming through the gate.

Oh, just look at that baby fluff ball.

Steve, I love what you do. I couldn't do it and I dip my lid to the wonderful dedicated breeders who produce the pups we take home to love, train and care for. Without people like you there wouldn't be people like me who have totally fallen in love with dogs. There are many of us thanks to ethical, registered breeders.

Did someone ask for more pics of baby fluff balls? I second the request.

Amazing breed. Its been so great reading your stories on here about them. Merry bundle of fluff, Steve. Congrats to the two legged kid's nuptials

Yeah will be good when its over - that's the first 6 done 2 more to go. laugh.gif

Congratulations Steve.

Did she have 15, like this lot?

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas. :xmaswave:

post-3970-0-57278300-1387181555_thumb.jpg

No only an even dozen - and she squashed one .The biggest Ive had is 13 .

15 would be such good fun - are they yours?

I've bought myself a new baby boy from Glendawn for Christmas - he comes home 30th of December - fresh blood.

Cant cuddle him too much though he's got to work with the sheep.

What a gorgeous polar bear face!

We are playing the waiting game here with Wisdom about to have her babies any moment now really. It will be the first time I've been involved with a litter from day one, how exciting :thumbsup:

We are playing the waiting game here with Wisdom about to have her babies any moment now really. It will be the first time I've been involved with a litter from day one, how exciting :thumbsup:

Excellent! When are they due?

Excellent! When are they due?

Today going by the first mating :D